MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Apologies to mk1 owners (I was one of them once), but with a mk2 parking next to it, it shows its age. Just my opinion. The mk1 would look much better with the 180 kit on.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just love the colour of the mk1 but the mk 2 definately looks like its steroid enhanced big brother though, just glad i managed to get the two in the same photo

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see it that way too. Sometimes looking from an angle the car is so butch.
absolutley it does sometime look really intimidating it's magic. My niece summed it up when she first seen it when she said i like the shark bits at the side.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i kind of worry about my old mk 1 i hope whoever has it is taking care of it i loved that car it was my first ever new car and deserved to be loved, would love to know where it is now.:dunno:

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
111 Posts
Hey love the gunmetally colour on the ZS

Am I alone in thinking that the rear end of the mk2s are too "bare" on the boot area? I think the mk2s look endlessly superior from the front but not sure about the rear.... I do like the kinda "twin headlamps but not really" on the mk2s!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think i prefered the boot on the mk1 as well. thought the mk2 had a fat arse when i first seen it but still love it

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
What is lettling that blue MK1 down (and quite alot of other mk1 zs's) is the lack of front lip spoiler thing....and what ever else the kit comes with. With the lip spoiler thing it makes it look lower and meaner....and really finishes the front off. I think the right wheels are important too. They wouldn't be my first choice of wheels for the zs.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
i think i prefered the boot on the mk1 as well. thought the mk2 had a fat arse when i first seen it but still love it
The supplying dealer de-badged the car for me and this effect is emphasised on my pearl black 180 saloon.

............but I like big bums:bgrin2:

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
111 Posts
What is lettling that blue MK1 down (and quite alot of other mk1 zs's) is the lack of front lip spoiler thing....and what ever else the kit comes with. With the lip spoiler thing it makes it look lower and meaner....and really finishes the front off. I think the right wheels are important too. They wouldn't be my first choice of wheels for the zs.
Yeah - nail on head!

It's the difference in height of the front bumper (as well as the headlights) that makes the difference, makes the mk1 look too "civilised" and not aggressive enough for me! The vents in the side look the business as well!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts