MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right the balls rolling.........finally.

project andy-does-up-his-ZR-after-months-of-waiting-and-fannying-around will begin!!!

(if anyone can think of a shorter name for my project let me know ;) )

2 weeks from today i will have me mod fund in place (Wed 24th)

That day after i have been to the bank i will be ordering my new suspension, alloys, heat shield, splitter, spotlights, an wee bits and bobs.

The next week, it goes to be lowered and have the alloys fitted. (this may be done on the same week as they are ordered - depending on the next day delivery mob).

When i get the heatshield it will be fitted and the car readied for the new zorst.

Everythin on the car, then heads to mchargs for the spotlights to be fitted.

Then approx .5 miles down the road to the bodyshop for the custom bumper to be modeled, splitter fitted, mirrors coded (still cant think of any good enough to replace the OE :) )

Arches trimmed, calipers painted, scratches sorted, indicators to crystal black.........thats the exterior done.

well maybe apart from some sideskirts but that will be at a later date.

After all the messin about it should be 'finished' for the 17ths Camping extravaganza.

If it all goes to plan it should take all in about three weeks, but thats because the zorst place have a week and a half waiting list, AND on Mchargs delivery service.

If i go and see the garage whos doing the lowering i could book it in for the 29th of May, get the zorst the next day (30th), Mchargs on the 31st, Bodyshop on the 1st and 2nd June.

Home for its wee bits and bobs by the weekend.

Speel/Rant i know, but im just finally happy the projects up and running!

·
Registered
rover_25
1,021 Posts
Could be called project ***** flaps? no specific reason, I just wanted to say ***** flaps :)

Sounds like a plan thou andy! Gonna look spot on when it's done - wish I had money just to get alloys and lowered never mind the makeover!

I've spend 2000+ on mine already and so don't look like it!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OblivioN said:
Could be called project ***** flaps? no specific reason, I just wanted to say ***** flaps :)

Sounds like a plan thou andy! Gonna look spot on when it's done - wish I had money just to get alloys and lowered never mind the makeover!

I've spend 2000+ on mine already and so don't look like it!
Project ***** Flaps..........wasnt the kind of name i was looking for, but cheers :lol:

Its a plan of epic proportions right enough Ross, everything has to go according to plan or could over run into each other.

The biggest problem if there will be one is getting and fitting the heatshield.

Dont know how long itl take Mchargs to deliver it/get it in.

Reason a hold up with that could be a problem is its the link between getting the lowering and exhaust.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Indeed it is Hollie!

Wont put up any pictures of it, want everyone to see it first hand and in the flesh first.

Plus i aint a member and Paypal is a pure pain in the nuts to join.

So maybe when im done someone will put them up for me?????

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
ANDYJ_ZR said:
Indeed it is Hollie!

Wont put up any pictures of it, want everyone to see it first hand and in the flesh first.

Plus i aint a member and Paypal is a pure pain in the nuts to join.

So maybe when im done someone will put them up for me?????
Photobucket is the answer Andy :)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your right matey, photobucket may be the answer!!!

I meaning to become a member soon, just dont get round to it.

Does my head in, this 5 message rule! especially with all the incoming/outgoing with FandM!

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Big GT said:
Whats the 5 message rule ?
Lowly non-subscribers only get 5 PM space... unlike us God-like subscriber-type people, who get 7 million PM spaces, and eat Dodo eggs for lunch whilst showered in Unicorn tears as Jennifer Lopez and Angelina Jolie wrestle naked to see who gets to pleasure us orally first :cool:

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ThumpJunkie said:
Lowly non-subscribers only get 5 PM space... unlike us God-like subscriber-type people, who get 7 million PM spaces, and eat Dodo eggs for lunch whilst showered in Unicorn tears as Jennifer Lopez and Angelina Jolie wrestle naked to see who gets to pleasure us orally first :cool:
You can see why i want to be a member :lol:

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
ThumpJunkie said:
whilst showered in Unicorn tears as Jennifer Lopez and Angelina Jolie wrestle naked to see who gets to pleasure us orally first :cool:
\

For some reaosn , that thought satyed in my mind for a very very very long time (even after I had pulled one off)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
ThumpJunkie said:
but apart from that you don't get much else... you can post pictures without getting shouted at that's about it!

Doubt I'll be renewing next year :wavecry:

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
dont think I'll be renewing next year either. Some of the moderating is plain crazy and spoils it a bit. I am sure I can survive without a scubscription

·
Registered
467 Posts
ThumpJunkie said:
not worth £15 in my opinion

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update: Cash in place, will be ordering my alloys and springs ASAP. hopefully get them fitted next week.

Need to get my heatshield ordered to.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts