MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,
You may remember 2 or 3 weeks ago my 75 went in for a service and came out sans camshaft, well good news it is back ,repaired and purring away. I am just relieved to get it back and not to have to scrap it and find something else. Incidentally this may have been asked before but have you thought what would replace your 75/ZT should the worst happen? I was thinking of a Jaguar-S-type.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If I cant find a newer 75/ZT or I dont like the chinese versions than I will go for a diesel Chrysler 300c. my mate has one in Black and WOW!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
icjoinery said:
If I cant find a newer 75/ZT or I dont like the chinese versions than I will go for a diesel Chrysler 300c. my mate has one in Black and WOW!
Those things are bloody enormous, one pulled up next to me at traffic lights It made me feel like I was driving a toy car. :) Sounded pretty good for a diesel. I see there is also a convertible.

MM

·
Registered
rover_75
462 Posts
The C300 has not escaped my attention either. Would really like one of those in the future - diesel of course :)

Pete

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
glad you got your car back sean, just ion time for the sunshine :greeny:

Now as or cars i would go for a 530D bmw

flame on :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
icjoinery said:
Me too, I really like them probably for the same reason I like the 75, road presence, individuality, something a little different etc, although the 75 has more character. As has already been said though, it would have to be a diesel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have the Kia Opirus in the UK? Although it looks like a mongrel Jag-Merc it has a certain vulgar presence. Probably drinks petrol though.

For me the diesel 300c as well. Alfa Romeo 159, anybody?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
You want road presence

Right I can give you loads of that
Not sure where the clamper would fit there clamps though if it were deemed illegally parked

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Hi Sean

Really glad that you've got your 75 back. I bet you missed her.

What did they do in the end to sort it out? How did they source the part?

·
Registered
685 Posts
300 c's are flooding this country, have all but killed the local Ford and Vauxhall (Holden) prestige saloons, and two limo versions have just arrived in Sydney. Not diesels because diesel is still too expensive here.. but the v8 petrol versions that shut down two cylinders when cruising. Everyone wants one,old fogies like us and kids who want bling. ...and the biggest aftermarket purchase is the Bentley style grille. Basically looks like ZT/75 v8 grille which was obviously ahead of it's time and could have been a marketing winner. 300c even copied MGR's analogue clock in the centre dash. Sigh..

·
Registered
rover_75
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Ian, yes I did miss her.The garage were unable to source a brand new part so I put them on to roverbreakers but the cam shaft he had was not up to scratch so he wouldn't send it, they ended up dismantling a 52 plate 2.0KV6 with similar mileage to my own from their forecourt and sticking that one in. The bill for the planned work was less and they apologised so you can't ask for more than that.I am just glad its all done but as a warning to anyone else having similar large scale work done it may be an idea to check availability of 'essential' parts beforehand, of course this doesn't preclude the numpty at the spanner end!Thanks once again Ian for your efforts it was very much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
miketata said:
300 c's are flooding this country, have all but killed the local Ford and Vauxhall (Holden) prestige saloons, and two limo versions have just arrived in Sydney. Not diesels because diesel is still too expensive here.. but the v8 petrol versions that shut down two cylinders when cruising. Everyone wants one,old fogies like us and kids who want bling. ...and the biggest aftermarket purchase is the Bentley style grille. Basically looks like ZT/75 v8 grille which was obviously ahead of it's time and could have been a marketing winner. 300c even copied MGR's analogue clock in the centre dash. Sigh..
Sound interesting do you have a picture or a link?

·
Registered
243 Posts
an s-type was my first choice before the 75..but stupid sevicing and running costs pushed me to the deisel 75...very happy with my choice...but now jag do the s-type deisel...mmmm as to the 300c it was slated by top gear...but then again so was the 75 and we all know what a good car that is!!..i saw a 300 the other day..first one in the flesh so to speak..it had 22" rims on it...bling bling...its deffo a pimp daddy ride....but what else is there:(

·
Registered
rover_75
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a few friends with Jag X types. These look ok but I don't know anything about them other than that they are mondeo related.My brother has a 98 2.5V6 ghia x and the engine is lovely v.v. quiet but the rest is just typical ford and the less said of the ride the better.BTW I had a Rover 45 loan car and it was horrible much worse than my previous 400 2 litre saloon.Had things really got that bad towards the end of MGR?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts