MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I have bought a ZR 160 just this week and I immediately fell in love with it. Now engine-wise it has been serviced by an expert who has owned a couple of ZR's so therefore not to many worries there for now. However there are a few cosmetics that need attention. For starters the side skirts are hanging down a little, the glue holding it to the body is shot. What glue would you recommend I use?

Also the clear-coat on the spoiler starts to chip off, what would be the best strategy here?

And lastly there is a rubber connector that connects the intake-duct to the hosepipe that runs into the headlights that melted, it seems to be a common issue on the ZR's, anyone have any ideas on that?

That would be it for now, thanks so much and looking forward to exchanging with the new family✌🏼😉

·
Registered
rover_25
344 Posts
use any type of adhesive for the side skirts, i used a product called tiger seal

paint work, once the clear coat start to chip, it will need repainting

you will need a new intake duct, it is NOT common to melt, it sounds like its gotten to hot, a second hand one or new is req, the zr 160 has its own one so you cannot use one off a lower engine model like a 120

·
Registered
24 Posts
Try S-FIXX...takes 24hr to cure,but a bit of wide selotape will help..Can get it from QVC or direct from S-FIXX.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
use any type of adhesive for the side skirts, i used a product called tiger seal

paint work, once the clear coat start to chip, it will need repainting

you will need a new intake duct, it is NOT common to melt, it sounds like its gotten to hot, a second hand one or new is req, the zr 160 has its own one so you cannot use one off a lower engine model like a 120
Thanks so much! I'll get going the next couple of days😉

1 - 5 of 5 Posts