MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these wheels arrived yesterday

won them on ebay for £102, brand new still in the box
there genuine rover 600 wheels and when rover were still going they were £178+vat a wheel(so £210 a wheel)
will look great on my 600 diesel.
i already have alloys on the car, but one is buckled really bad and cant find anyone to sell me just 1 wheel(breakers will only sell sets).

they have more for sale if anyone else is interested
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-Rov...itemZ4637069727QQcategoryZ10414QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
If they are genuine 600 they wont fit a 400.

600 is Honda based and uses Jap stud pattern.

400 is standard Rover

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
dazultra2000 said:
That's true - but whats the relevance?
You beat me to it! I read that link and everything presuming the seller would have written "may also fit a 400" or something, but alas, it appears that the comment has just come out of nowhere!

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Hadn't noticed the posters id description.

Just concerned that others might think they'd be suitable for anything other than 600

·
Registered
429 Posts
They are "City Ten Spoke" wheels and were available in the fitting for both 400 and 600.
They are quite rare on the 400 and I believe were only offered for about 18 months. I have these on my 400.
They look great when clean, but are rather vulnerable to kerbing etc.

Adrian.

·
Registered
9,317 Posts
i was not sure about them last night when i read this thread, but by pure coincidence a 400 parked outside our shop today with those wheels on ,and they look much better in the "flesh" as it were, nice choice shaken.

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
wheels are looking good, might find the ride a bit firm tho. Could do with some ruber on them!!!! :lol:

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
finally got the wheels on the car, cost me £38 to have my tyres moved over.
it only a camara phone pic at the moment.
will wash the car and take another one
[/url][/IMG]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts