MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I collected my full leather two tone green and black leather interior today from a 2005 LTD TF.

Before I say anymore....a MASSIVE thanks to David M who helped me collect it, a long drive in terrible weather!! Cheers buddy, i owe you one...or two...or three.... ;)

So, i basically got:

1. Two seats in great condition, full leather with green and black panels which are really tasteful.

2. Full leather cubby box and arm rest in black

3. Two Mk2 door cards, standard chrome trim, chrome tweeter grills and green leather panel!

4. Steering Wheel, black and green leather.

Now i hope you think the same but i got it for a bargain price of £155 !!!! That is a bargain right?

Since David M has got my other seat, i`ll probably fit it during the weekend and I will be sure to take some before and after shots.

Here is the listing....I can`t believe there were no more bidders...at last I got lucky on ebay......only been using it 5 years!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=120115186741&rd=1&rd=1

Chris

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Just like mine (I have red inserts) - looks very good! :)

Even the drivers bolster looks relatively wear free!

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Nice one Chris.....:)

Can only imagine they went for so little is they need a clean........ thats a £350+ interior on any other day!.

If you need any advise on fitting let me know!.

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
Glad you got back ok mate! Bad weather ot what!!!?? M62 is bad enough on a good day.

The seat I have looks in good nick!
What a bargain!!! As I said before it will transform your 'f'!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys....yes was a bargain. Watched on ebay for 3 days... £150 with two minutes to go...couldn`t believe it! So i added my bid expecting it to jump to £250+ and what happens....£155 !!! :D

Noticed they have sold a few, most go for £350 and the cream leather kit went for £460.

Mark...thanks for that. I am happy fitting the seats, door cards and cubby box but not a clue how to fit the wheel. Any how-to`s anywhere?

Chris

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice one chris - where are you located. David M is close to me. Maybe we could show the local lads what a real car cruise is ??

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yup surely you`d only fit a green interior in a BRG F?

Pete...cheers buddy! By the way, i was expecting my steering wheel to come with the later airbag, the one with the badge on but it didnt come with any. Anyone by any chance got one lying around in the garage?

Chris

EDIT: Just as a follow up...reading the how-to pete linked above, the final step is:

""Gently withdraw the steering wheel from the spline. Do not turn the spline as you will end up with a wonky wheel when you re-fit it and also, do not play around with the rotary coupler as it is easy to break.
Under the rotary coupler is the indicator cancelling cam, when you come to refit the steering wheel, ensure that the lugs are correctly aligned with the indents in the steering wheel.WW

Ok, basically you just slide the steering wheel off but can someone give me a little more detail about the rotary coupler...what is this and what does it do. I`m worried I`ll end up refitting my new wheel and it not being straight with the wheels...can this happen?

Chris

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Ok, basically you just slide the steering wheel off but can someone give me a little more detail about the rotary coupler...what is this and what does it do. I`m worried I`ll end up refitting my new wheel and it not being straight with the wheels...can this happen?

Chris

The rotary coupler is in effect a reel of cable that joins the airbag to the SRS system, so provided you DON'T move the steering column or the coupler when the airbag/wheel is removed you should not have a problem.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
as Mark (only just noticed your name change :doh:) says, you should not have to touch the RC, just be careful as you pull the steering wheel away and remove the horn connector, this is connected to the RC.

·
Registered
977 Posts
It looks a bigger job than it is Chris. Its a full day, no doubt, but not too bad.

Do you mind me asking where you got it from? I am really after a full cream interior but don't fancy paying MGF centre prices, especially when they don't even reply to my emails!:cus:

If it was ebay, was it a one off seller, or a guy who regularly has interiors for sale??

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Matt, it was RoverBreakers from Hull. And a cream one went for £460.

Nice one Chris. Without the dashboard it should take you an afternoon to fit. The link Pete gave you are the pages we used to fit mine. Just make sure you take off the battery half an hour or so before undoing the seat belt tensioners.

One tip, get yourself a full set of door card clips before you start. And also, new glove box and fuse cover fasteners. These expand when the screw is fitted the first time and therefore do not fit back in very easy. They are of the roll plug philosophy so new ones will save you a good two hours of messing about.

Cheers

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks again guys....I think i got a good deal.

I can't see this taking all afternoon. I have removed and replaced my door card within 10 minutes easily and me and david M removed and refitted my drivers seat in about 25 minutes quite easily! I hope i am not tempting fate, but I was expecting an hour and a half for door cards and seats!! :S Steering wheel i have never done, so I couldn't comment!

Anyway...yes Roverbrakers in hull...!

DavidD - I am not changing the fuse cover or glove box so how will these be effected?

Chris

1 - 20 of 26 Posts