MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a 51plate 25iXL which has the standard audio equipment.

I have no more than £200 to spend, and would like to replace the standard head unit with a CD player, but of course want to retain the steering wheel control. If I have enough left over, I might replace the front speakers, but am certainly not going down the road of amps etc.

What would you all recommend? Retain the existing unit and fit a changer in the boot, or simply replace it with something else?

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
i just replaced the head unit m8.

i had a kenwood tape/cd changer and then upgraded to an mp3 head unit.

i never bothered with the steering wheel remotes cos it only works the basic controls so it's not worth the hassle IMO.

u can get a decent mp3 unit for about £125 and then spend the rest on upgrading the speakers.

i've never been into spending huge amounts on audio.......just getting the basic set-up.

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it possible to get a bluetooth unit for under £150 that also has a CD player built into the head unit?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
18,048 Posts
MICHAELB said:
i've never been into spending huge amounts on audio.......just getting the basic set-up.
crap, I was gonna do a post about whats happening to mine in the next few weeks but I dont think I will now

you'd fall on your ar$e!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts