MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 52 reg 45 has been written off today. Some idiot in a transit van overtook on the right hand side of the road and claimed he could not see me. He wont even give me his insurance details the complete slapper. Luckily my insurance and my witness are truthfully people and it's all been sorted. To say the van hit me at 40MPH the damage to the car does not look bad but it is. The side sill has had it, the rear arch also, both the doors and the B post not to mention the bent alloy and my seat cover due to the air bag going off. Luckily I was not in my new 45 as that would have really upset me. I would like to thank Rover for the safety updates they did in 2001 to the 45 shell other wise it could have been a diffrent story.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Sejin26 said:
My 52 reg 45 has been written off today. Some idiot in a transit van overtook on the right hand side of the road and claimed he could not see me. He wont even give me his insurance details the complete slapper. Luckily my insurance and my witness are truthfully people and it's all been sorted. To say the van hit me at 40MPH the damage to the car does not look bad but it is. The side sill has had it, the rear arch also, both the doors and the B post not to mention the bent alloy and my seat cover due to the air bag going off. Luckily I was not in my new 45 as that would have really upset me. I would like to thank Rover for the safety updates they did in 2001 to the 45 shell other wise it could have been a diffrent story.
So you were heading in the opposite direction and he overtook a car coming to other way and swiped you? That could have been really bad....I wont say anything about white van men.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lets just say I was already on that side of the road and a young Lady in a Lexus IS 430 wanted to get up my road which is small and a dead end. So she let me out and he came shooting through the lights and as you can tell from where he has hit me I was already in the road. He just was not looking and hence bang.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sorry to see that mate ........... maybe you should invest in a ZS :rocker:
thats the worry i have with my motor one prang and its written off , can you keep the 45 off insurance and sell parts of it ?????

Download ESQ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts