MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Issue set to be raised by my local MP in the Commons after the election. In the meantime, little else he can do apparently :(

Regards

John

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: MG Rover
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:10:16 +0100
Dear John,

Thanks for your email regarding the future of the MG Rover Group.

I can fully appreciate your concerns about the crisis in which the company now finds itself. As a Party, we welcome the announcement today of a £6.5 Million loan to prevent redundancies, whilst efforts are made to keep the business together. In the short term, we will be urging the Government to redouble their efforts to secure the future of MG Rover, perhaps with Shanghai Automotive, and as soon as Parliament returns after the election, we will raise the issue in the House of Commons.

Thank you for being in touch with me about this important issue.

With kind regards,

Jeffrey Donaldson MLA

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 10 April 2005 11:48
To: [email protected]
Subject: MG Rover

Dear Mr. Donaldson

By way of introduction, I am John Switzer - a Lagan Valley constituent and Northern Ireland Area Co-Ordinator of MG-Rover.org, the biggest MG and Rover enthusiasts' site on the web.

I am sure you will be aware of the recent difficulties that have beset MG Rover Group Limited - the last volume British car manufacturer.

I was therefore hoping you could advise what efforts your party and yourself are undertaking to ensure the survival of volume car manufacturing at Longbridge.

Yours sincerely

John Switzer
Northern Ireland Area Co-Ordinator: MG-Rover.org

E: [email protected]
W: www.mg-rover.org

IMPORTANT INFORMATION MG-Rover.org is not associated with; endorsed by; or, in any manner associated with MG Rover Group Limited or any Phoenix Venture Holdings Limited company. The official MG Rover Group Limited website can be found online at www.mg-rover.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts