MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't Ebay wonderful?

Won a set of R25 diesel clocks for 99p! They arrived this morning, so thought I'd stuff them straight into the bubble to see if they actually work. ;)

Before -

After -

Not bad for less than a quid! Well, plus a fiver postage. ;)

Easy way to lose 71,599 miles in ten minutes, too! :lol:

(Yes, I have put a note in the handbook for future reference in case I ever become daft enough to sell!)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
erm, mileage :err:
As I said, I've noted down the reading of the old clocks when removed, and the new ones when installed. Doesn't matter a jot to me, and any future owner will be notified of the readings when the clocks were changed. As you can see, I also have photographs! The clocks were changed over as a modification, not in any way to defraud anyone. Besides, the mileage is obviously lower than that noted at it's last MOT, so it's pretty obvious things have been changed. Perfectly legal, unless I ever tried to pass the car off to a new owner as a nice low mileage example! :lol:

I'm likely to be the one who drives this car into the ground anyway, so I don't see a problem.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
18,048 Posts
I think its quite important from an MOT point of view that the vehicle shows the correct mileage :)

unless the car has done 60000 miles in one year!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the backlight nicer?

Aside from the digital mileage, I don't see much difference...
Haven't had the chance to test them lit up yet, although I've modified the backlights anyway before installing it, so doesn't make much difference there. ;)

I like the fonts used on the later dials a lot more than the "Late 80's Honda" style which hung around in 90's Rovers for faaaar too long. Look at the clocks in a 1990 200, and look at them in the last of the line Mk3 200 - Almost identical. It's just a nice change, I think, and personally I find the later clocks easier to read.

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
1,367 Posts
Hi Fuzzwoof,

Are they just straight swap? how do you go on with changing from analogue oddometer to digital? always thought about doing this conversion but never thought it could be done due the digital odometer/trip setup of the later 25/45's might have to see if i can find a set of zs diesel ones for my 400 if its a simple straight swap.

Cheers

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Fuzzwoof,

Are they just straight swap? how do you go on with changing from analogue oddometer to digital? always thought about doing this conversion but never thought it could be done due the digital odometer/trip setup of the later 25/45's might have to see if i can find a set of zs diesel ones for my 400 if its a simple straight swap.

Cheers
All the plugs on the 200/400 just plug right into the later clocks, the only issue is with the digital display, which obviously needs power from somewhere which the earler models don't supply.

To get that working is easy, you just find the spare blue connector on the rear of the clocks, and join pin 3 to a good earth. Bingo, you have a fully working display! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts