MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the horn on my car isnt working, hasnt done for a few days now it works very rarely i can sometimes get 1 toot from it. i have checked the fuse, and connection to the horn. all good. thnking it might be the horn switch/botton but dont know how to get the centre badge/horn button off to check. would it affect the MOT?
if i ever need to use my horn i end up having to shout instead.

·
Registered
rover_45
1,986 Posts
He's right, no horn means MOT failiure. I allways thought that strange when a deaf person can hold a full licence but they'll never hear the horn being blasted at them!

·
Registered
48 Posts
the same thing happened on my wee 114, occasionally itd work but then it wouldnt, went on for about a week and couldnt find anything wrong with it. when i did need it to indicate to some corsa driver theyd just cut me up at a roundabout it failed to work, so i hit it fairly hard and it started working. only thing i can put it down to is a dodgy conection between something.

this probablys doesnt help much, but id try giving it a good hard smack, or jiggling the horn push thing and seeing if it makes any difference.

chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts