MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Done approx 500 miles in the last two days in my 75 Diesel. It has over these two days developed a problem with starting when warm. I can park up outside a shop, nip in for a pint of milk and then when I come back the car will not start. The engine turns, but it will not fire. I can pump the accelerator and after approx 40 secs it will start.

I am using Millers Diesel Treatment every time I put fuel into the car but the problem has only just arisen. The car has now done 101,000 miles.

I have read back through the forum and I suspect it may be a Cam sensor, is this correct, and is there anything I can do to check before taking it to a dealer ?

Regards

Tim

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
Autofocus said:
Hi there,

Done approx 500 miles in the last two days in my 75 Diesel. It has over these two days developed a problem with starting when warm. I can park up outside a shop, nip in for a pint of milk and then when I come back the car will not start. The engine turns, but it will not fire. I can pump the accelerator and after approx 40 secs it will start.

I am using Millers Diesel Treatment every time I put fuel into the car but the problem has only just arisen. The car has now done 101,000 miles.

I have read back through the forum and I suspect it may be a Cam sensor, is this correct, and is there anything I can do to check before taking it to a dealer ?

Regards

Tim
You could well be correct, but apart from removing it and cleaning the contacts, its not really servicable. (Its on top of the engine, towards the left hand end (offside) and easily accessible once the engine cover has been removed)
Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts