MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had these fitted? How long does it take? Is it a while you wait job? How far in advance do I need to book? Are they a good quality? I'm after an OE type look. Like they were meant to be there.
Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I fitted mine myself, twice in fact!

I see your TF is a Sprint, so I take it it has the lightstone beige interior? if so then you are in luck :D as I just so happen to have a spare LSB T-bar in my garage with holes cut in it ready for MS hoops.
It came of my previous TF (also a Sprint) as I wanted to keep the hoops to put on my current TF so I removed them and fitted an un-butchered T-bar to my old car before selling it.
Having a pre-drilled T-bar will almost half the fitting time, I'd be surprised if it would take more than an 1.5 hours TBO (double that if you dont have a ready made T-bar). Quality is second to none IMHO, as to when Mike could fit you in and how long it would take, and how much fitting will cost, you will need to ask him.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I had the boxer mk 3 hoops and windstop fitted up at mikes, booked in advance for a friday morning. Piched up at 0845, finished by 0930 while you wait.

Bloody marvelous.

·
Registered
mg_tf
18 Posts
I phoned mike up yesterday to ask about price and fitting etc. If you can wait three weeks then there is a modified design about to be released using 2" tube instead of 1 3/4" tube. He will have one at the MG day at silverstone. Price should be the same as at present but i don't know about time scales for fitting. Had one on my last TF, but it never saw tyhe light of day because the car was nicked 3 days after it wasd fitted. Quality was second to none. Had it fitted at Brown & Gammons, they took 2 1/2 hours but it was perfect.

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I phoned again. and they mentioned the new design. They were hoping to get it by the end of june. I may pop down to the silverstone event to have a looksy. Its not far from me.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Stiff said:
I phoned again. and they mentioned the new design. They were hoping to get it by the end of june. I may pop down to the silverstone event to have a looksy. Its not far from me.
You are in York/Newcastle whilst Silverstone is on :_poke:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts