MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is 25 - 28 mpg good for this time of the year??

In the summer I usually do about 32 mpg so seen a bit of a decline and dont know if 25 mpg is too poor for my car?

Had my MOT last week and emissions past, so dont think it is that - so think it may be Ok but just want to check as my petrol seems to go down so quick, putting in £30 every 10 days :(

CO - 0.30%
Lambda - 1.03

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Id be glad to get 25mpg around town (I've got a well traveled 420)

At the moment around town I get 80 ish miles to 20 quid and on the motorway around 150 miles to 20 quid

Turn your heaters and lights off, and park the car in a heated garage at all times, might find that will return your mpg to normal

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
santa20 said:
Id be glad to get 25mpg around town (I've got a well traveled 420)

At the moment around town I get 80 ish miles to 20 quid and on the motorway around 150 miles to 20 quid

Turn your heaters and lights off, and park the car in a heated garage at all times, might find that will return your mpg to normal
Thanks, so 25 mpg is fairly normal then? thats a relief, i was so concerned when my fuel was dropping as much, thanks

·
Registered
mg_zs
710 Posts
25 is a tad low for a 1.6 On my ZS120.

I get 32 mpg urban - I can do around 180 miles on 20 quid before I refill; never get low enough for the warning light to come on.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
25mpg is too low for a 1.6, I used to average 25mpg in my 2.0V6 and that was mostly town driving.

I suspect you are getting more than 25mpg. How many litres do you normally put in your tank from empty until it is full.

I think the 400 has a 50 litre tank......or is it 55 ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I normally put in 36 litres and that is when it clicks to say full, i then drive it until its just above the read line, and ive normally done 200-220 miles at this point, then fill up again and it takes another 36 litres? by my reckoning thats a mpg of 25-28? What could the problem be then??? as my car pased the mot last week and emissions were ok - co 0.30% and lambda 1.03 - in the summer i usually get 32 mpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just back from France got 47MPG avg motorway and N roads. Total of 1700 miles. I was very pleased. Normally about 31 MPG in UK but then UK roads are c***. I have a 1996 Tourer 1.6.

Mike

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
I usually get 70 miles to tenner on 95ron stuff no matter whether I rag the bejaysus out of it or drive like a Rover Wrinkly.:confused:

·
Registered
331 Posts
I get an average of 34mpg ('97 416) - that's a mixture of city, motorway & hooning it along country roads. My 2 previous cars were turbo diesels, so even 34mpg sucks after getting an average 45mpg ... not as bad as 25 though :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts