MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Bourton on the Water at the weekend and went to the motor museum there. It is the place they filmed the TV show BRUM.

While i was there i thought i'd take some piccies of the old MG's they had there. So heres the photos ...

and the highlight of the day for me...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That is a brilliant spot Emm. We have been many times and will go again too. Mum and Dad used to live in Broadway and also loved to visit the Slaughters (although no car museum there).

MMmmm I feel a suggestion for a Sunday Club run coming on.........

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
That is a brilliant spot Emm. We have been many times and will go again too. Mum and Dad used to live in Broadway and also loved to visit the Slaughters (although no car museum there).

MMmmm I feel a suggestion for a Sunday Club run coming on.........
we have friends who used to have am art gallery in Bourton on the Water (now in Moreton-in-Marsh), visited Bourton on the Water quite a few times, but never the Motor Museum :dunno:

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Everytime I've stayed in Bourton On The Water, it has been closed. My parents used to live in Chipping Campden a few miles up the road, so know the area very well.

As an interesting bit of trivia. The guy who owns a restaurant in Bourton On The Water bought the non-running prototype MG SV from PwC. He was planning on getting it to a state where he could register it legally for the road. I think it was either XP2 or XP3. I must get in contact with him again to see how he is getting on.

·
Registered
82 Posts
We were in Bourton on the Water on Sunday as well - a lovely spot. Got parked up at the British Legion where there was a chap sat at the door taking two quid and supping his pint. Didn't get into the motor museum as it got a bit over-busy by about lunchtime and we were needing to get a bite to eat. Hope to get back some time though.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you like the photos :)

Its defintely worth going there. It's so peaceful and relaxing. there was another MG there actually in the shop part of the museum (not for sale), but I was a bit embarrased to take a photo of it

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I will Phil

This is a spooky thread. I used to live in Moreton in Marsh and go to school in Chipping Campden. I held the record for the 200m and 400m which were still in force when I left two years later. :bgrin:

I wish I was like a racing snake now :shake:

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
I will Phil

This is a spooky thread. I used to live in Moreton in Marsh and go to school in Chipping Campden. I held the record for the 200m and 400m which were still in force when I left two years later. :bgrin:

I wish I was like a racing snake now :shake:
Do you remember a Electrical Shop called Wireless Supply Depot? They had shops in Chipping Campden, Broadway, Pershore, Evesham, Malvern, and other places. My family owned them, and they lived above the shop in Chipping Campden.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Do you remember a Electrical Shop called Wireless Supply Depot? They had shops in Chipping Campden, Broadway, Pershore, Evesham, Malvern, and other places. My family owned them, and they lived above the shop in Chipping Campden.
I do Ian. There was another electrical/TV shop locally, I think in Moreton, run by a family called Dyer. They are great friends of my Mum and Dad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts