MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mot runs out on 16th which is tomorrow, but i was wondering, does it mean i can drive it tomorrow, but not on the 17th?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Also you are legally allowed to drive it to an arranged mot testing station... it must be arranged so the coppers can call the garage if you get pulled!!!!

Most people leave the mot until the last day fearing they will lose days/weeks if it is done early.... you can have it upto 1 month early and they tag the extra onto the new certificate!!! Always handy as if it fails you can drive it away no hassle to get things sorted

·
Registered
304 Posts
Also you are legally allowed to drive it to an arranged mot testing station... it must be arranged so the coppers can call the garage if you get pulled!!!!

Most people leave the mot until the last day fearing they will lose days/weeks if it is done early.... you can have it upto 1 month early and they tag the extra onto the new certificate!!! Always handy as if it fails you can drive it away no hassle to get things sorted
AFAIK its 30 days before your expiration date (or so I was told by MOT centre)
Also, I was under the impression, especially with the new MOT database, if a car failed an MOT that was that regardless of whether or not you still had time left on your certificate. Car has been deemed un-roadworthy, end of story.
Correct me if I'm wrong though....

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
what if you are flat broke and the MOT is tomorrow? Can you drive around for a for a while, whilst trying to get your self sorted and then get it done? Can the police to do in car checks and pull you over for it?
Just asking for a student *ahem* friend.....of mine who is a really nice honest guy but is in a bit of a financial fuzz :whistle: :errx2:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Tis illegal my friend. And with the introduction of MoT Cert Database is easier for Police to check and harder for "you"/us to get around if we were so inclined

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
AFAIK its 30 days before your expiration date (or so I was told by MOT centre)
Also, I was under the impression, especially with the new MOT database, if a car failed an MOT that was that regardless of whether or not you still had time left on your certificate. Car has been deemed un-roadworthy, end of story.
Correct me if I'm wrong though....
Thats a good point, really never thought of it.. back in the olden days of proper certificates it was the way. With the new fangled database which I totally forgot about I have no idea -- sorry if it was wrong!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats gd than, atleast i can drive it tomorrow, my mot is sat. so fingers crossed. the most i be willing to pay on my mot is 300pds s reg 1.4 rover theres no need 2 spend anymore.

·
Registered
rover_600
156 Posts
Well i woke up on wednesday last week and wondered when the MOT was due.....turned out to be May 1st! So got it done today. Not sure if this MOT database is much kop really coz i got pulled this morning for going down a 'restricted' road just at the time the restriction came into place (started 8:30, was stopped at 8:32!), He looked at the car, went to his car, spoke to someone, looked at my licence and let me go! (MOT was done @ 11:eek:o this morning, so was not MOT'd at the time...)

Then agaoin, im not sure if he actually checked anyhting, or just wanted to try and 'scare' me though..........................

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol any1 would be scared on that. When i drive to work theres not many police cars, im just worried on the way back. There's loads. they pull me im ****. driving without mot means no valid insurance. but without a valid mot. would they pick that up on the reg reader the police have?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
lol any1 would be scared on that. When i drive to work theres not many police cars, im just worried on the way back. There's loads. they pull me im ****. driving without mot means no valid insurance. but without a valid mot. would they pick that up on the reg reader the police have?
Yes they run an ANPR that will show tax, MOT, Ins and any flags on vehicle.
You know it's wrong to drive with no MOT there no excuse dont do it !

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
what if you are flat broke and the MOT is tomorrow? Can you drive around for a for a while, whilst trying to get your self sorted and then get it done? Can the police to do in car checks and pull you over for it?
Just asking for a student *ahem* friend.....of mine who is a really nice honest guy but is in a bit of a financial fuzz :whistle: :errx2:
Try telling that to a court,

hes got to bit the bullet and not by as much beer for a while LOL Im sure we all like to not spend money on a MOT and on anything else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts