MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That’s a relief my TF’s 3rd MOT and it passed, albeit with an advisory of having some play in the ball joints. :bgrin2:

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Herbie, the TF's registration day isn't until the 1st of June when it will be the ripe old age of 5.

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,921 Posts
Congratulations!!!

I am having mine MOT'd this week, it will be its first one! Are ball joints something that causes a problem in the MOT?

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I don't think ball joints are that common, the main common problem 3 year old TF's seems to be the rear suspension bushes.

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Ball joints?

Nipples?

From the rear?

*goes for a lay down in a darkened room*

It's my 2nd MOT this week, seems like it's the time of year for them.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Great news Chris.

kate, stop teasing the old men and leave the young batchelors alone. God knows when we might see James again :rofl:

·
Registered
42,093 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Mine got through in the end just by having the track rod end replaced. Classy garage that I took it too, the old track rod adjuster had siezed solid so instead of fixing it they just put an advisory to get the tracking checked. Booked it in to Techspeed for the next morning before driving the 300 miles to Newquay for a stag weekend, bloomin glad I did, they left a 15mm toe out. :yikes:

Well done though chris.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
I am completely amazed that Stumpy hasn't been in perving at Kates' double entendre......must be the fact he's finally pulled a woman from work....:rofl:....congrats Chris on the MOT:broon:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts