MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rear tyre damaged and Rear Wheel bearing gone.

Also they can't do the 4wheel alignment here as the laser beam won't go through with the lowered suspension.

Unhappy James

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's a prat! He never tells you the truth...

Having spoken to the MOT tester there's a cut in the tyre wall (it's not eating tyres :rolleyes:)

As they're quite new I can probably get away with just 1 new one.

The bearing is the N/S/R (seems to be the standard)

Anyone who's got a lowered TF had the 4 wheel alignment done and know anywhere in Somerset who can do it?

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Damn, thats not good Curgy.

Still, I guess it could still have been worse

What tyres you using?

Dont you do MOTs at your own place??

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I know the best place in England to get the 4 wheel alignment done but it's in Hampshire. Probably a bit far to go? :lol:

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, thats not good Curgy.

Still, I guess it could still have been worse

What tyres you using?

Dont you do MOTs at your own place??
Toyo T-1R (or whatever the code is)

We do our own MOTs that's why I spoke to the tester rather than the service manager who wasn't quite accurate with his description :rolleyes:

I know the best place in England to get the 4 wheel alignment done but it's in Hampshire. Probably a bit far to go? :lol:
Not if it could be done on a Saturday :idea:

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
What you need is a 4 wheel alignment centre that has a drive over pit rather than a drive onto ramp. There is no issue about the laser alignment getting through with the lowering that I am aaware of, the only issue is the type of ramp the centre has.

I have x-power springs and did have to go to a different centre to get it done due to the ramp, but otherwise not an issue. Mark you that was in Woking so even furhter than Kris's Hampshire location.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Aww Curgy, sorry to hear Wiggles has failed his MOT :(
Maybe I jinxed him, by saying he should pass! :err:

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
james

as you say n/s/r wheel bearing.

Have they undone it yet? Could be just the centre nut as per AndieB car and my car the first time. If it is the bearing, make sute they check/chamge the bearing carrier at the same time. If it is just the lock nut, get it tightened and then be prepared for the bearing to go within a few months.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sorry to hear that James. From what John says it may be better to change the bearing now, if it is that which is at fault.

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
james

Have they undone it yet? Could be just the centre nut as per AndieB car and my car the first time. If it is the bearing, make sute they check/chamge the bearing carrier at the same time. If it is just the lock nut, get it tightened and then be prepared for the bearing to go within a few months.
It's not been making the noise Andie's was though (or any noise for that matter)

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
james

It's not been making the noise Andie's was though (or any noise for that matter)
Hub nut was loose.

Well done JP, buy that man a drink!!

Same nut as Andie's too. Check your nuts people!!

Still need a new tyre though :(

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Hub nut was loose.

Well done JP, buy that man a drink!!

Same nut as Andie's too. Check your nuts people!!

Still need a new tyre though :(

beginning to look like a production line or quality problem - there have been far too many TFs with nsr wheel bearing failure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts