MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Since I got my TF135 I'm more interested in what roadsters (open sporty two-seaters) are out there on the streets. In my hometown I would say that out of every 20 roadsters there are
  • 5 BMW Z3/Z4
  • 4 MX5
  • 4 Mercedes SLK
  • 2 MR2
  • 1 Porsche Boxter
  • 1 Audi TT
  • 1 Fiat Barchetta / Alfa Spider
  • 2 The rest
As you can see, not that many F/TFs. In fact, so far this year I have only spotted one single F (and he didn't even wave back). I know there must be a few around, but I guess they haven't been taken out yet (what a waste). Anyway, I don't mind at all having one of the few TFs in my town. Makes my beautiful car stick out even more.

Here's a good link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadster

So what's the mix of roadsters in your neighbourhood????

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
The most common down here is probably a 50/50 split between MX5s and Fs. There are a smattering of Z3/4s, one Mazeratti and one Porche that I know of, but the MX5s and Fs have the majority.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Most common, are Porche, BMW, Merc, Jags.
Saw a DB7 this morning. Most people in this part of the woods always buys the most expensive roadsters you can get, but you get a few F/TF's flying the flag.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,040 Posts
On my drive home from work today I passed:

Parked next to a red MX5
Trophy blue TF with its HT still in place:shake:
BRG F with hood down
Silver TF with its HT still in place :shake:
Red MR2 with its hood down
Silver MR2 with its HT still in place.
Red MK3 MX5 with its hood up
Red Boxter with its hood down.
Next doors TT with its hood down.

·
Registered
mg_zr
917 Posts
It mostly a mix of MX5's, MGF/TF's, Ford Ka's!, Z4'S, TT's and the occasional Porka's in London.

Chris I saw 4 MGTF's on the way home tonight, 2 had their hard tops still on and the other 2 had their hoods up! I did see 1 MGF with his hood down though. Is it just me or are there a few wooses out there? :err:

·
Registered
mg_tf
65 Posts
In Portugal you can see more expensive roadsters like Boxter/SLK/Z3/TT/Z4 than F/TFs, MR2, barchetas. The most popular is maybe the mx-5 or the Z3.

Besides the fact of being a sunny country it`s difficult to find a roadster at work days that is used as main car.

·
Registered
106 Posts
On the drive home I saw -

1 X MX-5
1 X Boxster
1 X MGF-YAY!(but didnt wave-Boo)

And the best of the lot.......a brand new.........Nissan Micra C+C:sick: ...and worst of all - it was in metallic BROWN:doh:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Manchester is snowed under with the silver TFs, Z3s and them horrible porkers that mainly come in silver too, but some are in black. Not sure what their official title is. They're German.

MX-5s get laughed at, by me, my mate with a z3 and the lovely sarah with her Audi4 convertible. They really aren't very nippy.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Think F / TF slightly have the edge over mx5 in Harlow followed by a few mercs and bmw saw a xpg tf just like mine yesterday also had the roof down gave him a wave but he didnt wave back just looked as if to say do i know you

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
I passed a couple in a top down F on the way to work this morning, I didn't wave (I don't like doing it in town incase you get someone taking it the wrong way) but she had a good gawp at Wiggles as they went past and I smilled politely :)

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
There is a Chrysler (oh gawd I can't spell this morning...) Crossfire near me, thats very nice, and it was in a similar price bracket before the rover collapse at 25K.

I quite like the look, for a retractable hard top. I usually hate Chryslers..

·
Registered
mg_tf
61 Posts
Last week I was in Viareggio, and i saw:
No Mazda, No Barchetta
3 Mg Tf
1 Yellow Elise
Many Slk (new and old)
Many Z3/Z4
1 Aston Martin
1 Jaguar JK convertible
Many boxster and carrera
1 Black Ferrari Modena spider
and.....
1 Ferrari Enzo!!!!:eek:mg2: :eek:mg2: :eek:mg2: (My Tf seems to me a Jeep near it: it's so low!!!)

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,772 Posts
I see at least one Honda S2000 every day going to work, sometimes ive seen a black one with aftermarket exhausts too.

I agree that the MX5 and MGF/TF's are the most commonly seen, possibly more F's around than TF's in Kidderminster anyway. Z3's seem to be less popular now, but Porsche Boxters and Audi TT's have definately taken over as being the most popular in the expensive end of the roadster market.

Im glad to say i don't see too many Nissan 350Z's around, as they are not a very pretty sight, especially in roadster form!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Weve got tons of F's and Tf's around here,strangly no MX5's.We do have a couple of those TT's (Tedious Toys),one Boxter (the dentists),and a couple of Ferrari's,and some old MG's and TR's as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts