1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh no, I think the dreaded has happened to me,

drove my 99 F for about 20 minutes this morning,

pulled up at some traffic lights, noticed a lot of exhaust steam and thought something might be up,

in the five minutes while waiting for the lights to change the steam got gradually worse (most embarassing in a town centre crossroads) until it was just a cloud of steam billowing from the engine bay, parked up and opened the engine bay, to be greeted by more steam and a pungent toast smell.

It appears the coolant has gone (where I has gone who knows but I couldn't see it anywhere) so HGF was running through my mind, there is no mayo on the dipstick and the temp on the gauges never went up at all?

My mech knowledge is poor so I have left the car parked up and come home to watch the football and sulk, Has similar happened to anyone on here and what damage (to the car and my wallet) are we looking at?

·
Registered
rover_600
293 Posts
Our F did that, was HGF but the oil didn't get mixed in, we thought the block was cracked or something to start with it was spraying coolant out of the side of the engine at a fairly high pressure, same thing with steam comming out of the engine as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts