MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Its all happening, I dont know what the turnout will be for the whole thing, but I'd say its pretty much going to at least get started.

·
Registered
cityrover
4,366 Posts
paynemgzr said:
he has already said he isn't going back so i suspect he wont change his mind!!!
Yeah but he must be bored....over on the other side...he says he's working on tow bars right now....zzzzzZZZZZZZ...ooo look how shiny that ball is

MG Rover needs you!!!!! Maybe his current employers will let him go back on secondment...for works in the national interest...maybe English Heritage will sponsor him...OK I'm running out of ideas now...but if there's one guy that needs to back there it's Rincewind!

G

·
Its all starting now... come on guys stuff the World Cup support your British Car Industry (even if its Chinese owned)

·
Homologation Engineer
1,107 Posts
Believe you me it's all very very tempting to go back an help change things and come up with new and exciting projects, but it's going to take a minior miracle to get me back there at the moment. Too much at stake on the home front to jepordise at the moment.

If, and it's a majorly big IF, things were to start dripping out of the factory and they were 1000% serious then I would consider it but as I've said before, I'd want to be steering projects and pushing the company forward as I really wanted to do when I was there but was never in a powerful enough position to do so until one of my secondments into targets and strategy dept where I started to have a say in things.

One day perhaps if things go in the right direction, you never know, I may go back, but there would need to be a massive safety net underneath me, but if I could make the right noises and prove that I could do things then you never know, others may sit up and take notice and offer me an olive branch.

We'll see....................

·
Registered
225 Posts
There is one thing i dont understand about all this, there were 6000 people who lost there jobs when MG ROVER went bust, now working on the figures Tony bLIAR harps on about there are only 3000 who still have not got jobs :eyes:

So why doesnt Nanjing simply re-employ the old workers after all they all have MG ROVER experience and even if things do go tits up again it is a few months getting real money rather than the pittance the goverment give out?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts