MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
MG ZS Excite 1.0 Turbo Auto
11 Posts
Hi again!
Sorry but I'm not sure of the exact sizes, however there are some links to "official" products here (spare wheel and jack/tools part number 10160897):
and here (wheel and bolts):
Spare wheel kits are listed for sale on ebay (also 10160897 but not much cheaper than MG) and once you get the full spec you may find second hand space savers from another manufacturer will fit. Over on the ZS EV forums there has been much debate about cheaper alternatives (although the EV spare is different - watch out!). They have suggested some VW/Audi space savers are near enough matches for emergency use.
Hopefully someone will come along soon and post more details to help with your search, I would find it useful too as I've not yet bought a spare.

·
Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
320 Posts
Your question about "locking wheel nut size" did you mean what locking wheel nut socket do you require? on my TF and I think most Rovers of this period look on the end face of the locking wheel nut there is a letter stamped into the nut this corresponds to the socket required. It can be difficult to read it helps to take a picture with your phone and blow it up, if you still can't make it out don't forget you have another 3 nuts to try it on.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
13,442 Posts
Your question about "locking wheel nut size" did you mean what locking wheel nut socket do you require? on my TF and I think most Rovers of this period look on the end face of the locking wheel nut there is a letter stamped into the nut this corresponds to the socket required. It can be difficult to read it helps to take a picture with your phone and blow it up, if you still can't make it out don't forget you have another 3 nuts to try it on.
I do think there is a quite difference between "... most Rovers of this period..." and the car OP is asking about. MG-Rovers as your MG TF is ended period in 2005 (not countong SAIC MG TFs 2006-2011), while MG ZS SUV OP is talking about started its period in 2017 and these are completely different and have nothing in common.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do think there is a quite difference between "... most Rovers of this period..." and the car OP is asking about. MG-Rovers as your MG TF is ended period in 2005 (not countong SAIC MG TFs 2006-2011), while MG ZS SUV OP is talking about started its period in 2017 and these are completely different and have nothing in common.
I have located a set of locking wheel studs also a space saver wheel thanks to everybody that replied cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts