MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can u get coloured interior parts for the zr/25 as part of the monogram thing? I have seen the bit by the heater controls in colour. and was just wondering if you can buy them? Or has it been painted?

If it is a monogram part, what else is available? And do you know the part numbers?

Thanx in advance.

Jase

·
Registered
rover_25
1,835 Posts
It's part of the monogram I believe, and to buy from Rover is very expensive. But you could just paint them yourself

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
IIRC, its a deal from rover, but quite expensive...

You get the heater controls surround, the door grab handles, and steering wheel all in a colour such as blue.

Best bet is to spray it, you can get a really good result.

Ask on the forum in the wanted section for somebodys old walnut heater surround if you wanna do it that way, save having yours out for a week! Im sure someone will give you theirs for postage, as lots have changed to ZR stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok, for the heater surround, door handles, etc. but what about the s/wheel?

I mean I would definitely buy this one if a) it didn't cost me a leg and b) I didn't have to "resize" the original airbag.

Where can one find monogram parts fitting a 200 mk3?

cheers
Andrea

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Andrea, colour coded monogram parts where availalbe for all the MGR range, but most where only availalbe 'to order' when ordered with the car, and so they can't be purchased 'off the shelf' ready painted from a dealer, as they would have been painted at the same time as other parts of the car.
As others have said, your only real option now is to buy either buy new plain finished items and have them painted or paint your current parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks

I just thought momogram programme included also wood/aluminium/carbon finished parts as seen into some pics of special edition mgs (tf mostly)

cheers
Andrea

1 - 7 of 7 Posts