MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'd like to say this was done in a moment of drunkeness, but it wasn't and I now find myself a proud owner (well when it gets delivered) of Lotus Elise S2 Sports Cat.

To be honest the price I paid I'm not even sure was good or not, but the obvious question is will it fit? I guess I should add that I'm thinking about fitting an Elise exhaust (not sure why either)?

Anyone any experience on this one?

Best,
Andy

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Not with a Lotus cat.. But just got a lotus induction kit (carbon fibre) for 44 quid..

Should imagine that would fit. But exhaust will have different dimensions and hangers for sure

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
It should fit, the lotus S1 decat pipe fits the mgf and the Lotus S2 decat pipe fits the TF. As Derek said the only thing you may have to go is remove the hangar :D

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Ok, I'd like to say this was done in a moment of drunkeness, but it wasn't and I now find myself a proud owner (well when it gets delivered) of Lotus Elise S2 Sports Cat.

To be honest the price I paid I'm not even sure was good or not, but the obvious question is will it fit? I guess I should add that I'm thinking about fitting an Elise exhaust (not sure why either)?

Best,
Andy
Erm....

By the looks of it that is the standard CAT from an S2. Look into the chamber and take a pic

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Erm....

By the looks of it that is the standard CAT from an S2. Look into the chamber and take a pic
I saw that a few days ago on ebay but didnt buy as I suspected it wasnt a sports cat, just a standard cat. I dont know if it is or it isnt, I just thought it wasnt a sports cat.

As Elise de cat pipes fit, I would imagine this will fit.

Im surprised Neil hasnt brought out a sports cat yet :dunno:

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
yes it will fit, I put one on for MikeKnight many moons ago! just lop the hanger off

that is assuming it's for a K series S2 and not a Toyota engined S2, if so then no idea!

·
Super Moderator
11,041 Posts

Best,
Andy
I've been dwelling on that on too. Like the look of the twin pipes in the middle.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I've been dwelling on that on too. Like the look of the twin pipes in the middle.
There is already an exhaust with twin centre exit pipes but they are like rocking horse poo. There are a couple on here. Im sure they are Miltek. Miltek supersports maybe??

They do look verrrry nice :drool:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
There is already an exhaust with twin centre exit pipes but they are like rocking horse poo. There are a couple on here. Im sure they are Miltek. Miltek supersports maybe??

Milltek GT, looks great but not a fan of the sound :p

·
Registered
4,238 Posts

I have one :D :D Yup it's a milltek that had the twin centre exit, it's called the milltek gt. Andynickjenkins has an even rarer one which had quad centre exits :drool:

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Dear god, I got ito for less then half that :-O Thanks for all the feedback, I don't feel so bad now about spending the holiday fund.........!

Just need to find a decent Elise exhaust now ;-)

Best,
Andy
They are also quoting a 5bhp increase throughout the whole rev range - cant see it being that big but hell hope it is!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts