MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of its the 25 in my avatar
secondly i intend on colour coding, side skirts, rear bumper bits, door handles, front bumper black bits.

Grille- not sure with this one i dont really want to ZR it. im thinkin colour code , mesh and get a decent rover badge the 25 one is hideous

Splitter- front- I really dont know anyone any ideas other than zr

Splitter rear, same as above trying to avoid zr

lights,
i have these lights of my old car, think theyd look ok ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-200-25-...8QQihZ012QQcategoryZ10414QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

couldnt find a photo, remember im not buyin them i already have them on my other car in a garage !

·
Registered
69 Posts
how about colour coding the walnut inserts with your interior, done mine last night a real easy job. sprayed black what a difference it makes.
what do you mean a decent rover badge? i have only ever seen the standard one, mine with the numbers 2 5, and the new flat style logo, looking one.
as ive kept the chrome boot handle i chrome looked the rear badge looks much sweeter. dont know how this would look on the front though,

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already have carbon inserts of my old car for the interior. what do you mean about chrome back , put up a pic if you can.
yer the badge on the front of the 25 grille has like 25 across it, where just the plane rover badge looks nicer imho.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha, how did i know you would say somethin like that glen roy, i know your familiar with the colour , is it easy to spray this, im a bit put of sprayin some of my plastic bits with it being metallic or pearlescent , whichever it is !, dont suppose you have any photos of that car without the bad boy bonnet, it covers some of the grille and im interested in what the grille looks like like that when you can see it all!

·
Registered
rover_25
3,457 Posts
haha, how did i know you would say somethin like that glen roy, i know your familiar with the colour , is it easy to spray this, im a bit put of sprayin some of my plastic bits with it being metallic or pearlescent , whichever it is !, dont suppose you have any photos of that car without the bad boy bonnet, it covers some of the grille and im interested in what the grille looks like like that when you can see it all!
to be honest mate the guy who did the car said it was a really hard colour to match thats why i ended up having the whole lot done.

Before the bad boy bonnet there was no grille mate it was just the bumper had to have the top half of the grille cut off so the bonnet would sit nicely. All i had done was have the badge filled in and the sprayed gold

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
I can show you a pic of my old R25 with a meshed/colour coded grill, ans a seat leon front splitter.

The badge doesn't look too bad in the middle.

Sorry for the rubbish picture quality tho.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hi,

Grille- Get a ZR one and debade and mesh it with BLACK mesh. your rover one will never look as good as the ZR one is deeper and more sporty.

Splitter- front- ZR with sideskirts

Splitter rear - facelift ZR bumper and tailgate

lights - sorry them lights dont look good IMO

ild go for thease http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-200-25-...ryZ72246QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
although they might look dodgey on your colour car!

i dont know why you want to stay away from ZR parts. as long as you have no MG badges in sight they will look alot better then any of the other cheap tat on the market and you will have the quality of OE parts..

all this be proud of your rover nonsence is just that.. ALL cars look better with no bages/stickers/logos etc. because the pillar in the middle of the grille with the rover badge stops your eyes flowing over the front of the car making it look more "goofey" when debadged the front looks more aggressive and wide. and most people will still reconise it as a rover 25.

you wont take my advice i know just what ild do to your car if the money was there :D

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
I think the reason he wants to avoid ZR parts, as he doesn't want it to look like a ZR!!!

Admittedly, i have a ZR spoiler on the back of mine, plus the carbon interior bits, then the straights (wheels, but without the centre caps).
But it doesn't immediately look like a ZR.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
rover_25
3,457 Posts
I think the reason he wants to avoid ZR parts, as he doesn't want it to look like a ZR!!!

Admittedly, i have a ZR spoiler on the back of mine, plus the carbon interior bits, then the straights (wheels, but without the centre caps).
But it doesn't immediately look like a ZR.

Cheers
Skelo
no your right i looks like a monster truck :dddc: :)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
yes but the ZR is a better looking rover 25. and this guy is trying to modify his rover 25 to look better..

all im saying is he will get alot more for his money buying ZR parts. in quality and looks then a tacky JDL or wotever spliter.

im not realy a fan of aftermarket rover 200/25/ZR bodystyling parts tbh..

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dont have a problem with zr bits to be honest, i just wanted to try something different , if theres no other decent bits then zr bits it is, theres a full kit on fleabay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=260114201776&rd=1&rd=1
course the grille is shaped for a mg badge so that may look silly. i never knew the mg grille was deeper?

Them led black lights are nice but expensive, think ill wait and do other things before them!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
i dont have a problem with zr bits to be honest, i just wanted to try something different , if theres no other decent bits then zr bits it is, theres a full kit on fleabay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=260114201776&rd=1&rd=1
course the grille is shaped for a mg badge so that may look silly. i never knew the mg grille was deeper?

Them led black lights are nice but expensive, think ill wait and do other things before them!
yer it is mate the top edge comes down more then the rover version..

be away of that listing you sent me. its a fiberglass copy and you could end up spending 200 squid on somthing that will not be a perfect fit. or crack if you catch it once on a speedbump! OE parts would be a better option

·
Registered
547 Posts

what u into, kits or bits!, i was doing kits but sold mine as it was too much fibreglass for taste...so i bond. i want minimal damage done in event of an accident. im getting my car lowerd tomorrow morning so i will post it for an idea of what u could do.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
also just occured to me the zr grille ahs like a hexagonal shape for the mg badge , wont it look stupid with no badge or a different shaped badge stuck over it ?

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
also just occured to me the zr grille ahs like a hexagonal shape for the mg badge , wont it look stupid with no badge or a different shaped badge stuck over it ?
Pretty much, thats why i have meshed/colour coded my existing grill.

If the R25 grill was the same as the MG one, it would be perfect. Sadly it is not, so we have to make do with what is available.

Cheers
Skelo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts