MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi!
i've been looking for suspension uprgrade for my 200, and guy called best of british on ebay is selling zr160 shocks/springs for £200 posted.

does anyone know how much this would lower my car? i've heard zr105 susp would lower it 20mm, would the zr160's lower it more?

cheers for any help!
Tom

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Nope, would lower the same. However I though the ZR was 25mm lower not 20mm. The VI is 20mm lower.
The handling will be fantastic though and well worth the upgrade.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
ashy said:
Nope, would lower the same. However I though the ZR was 25mm lower not 20mm. The VI is 20mm lower.
The handling will be fantastic though and well worth the upgrade.
Yeah im thinking of doing a similar thing with the ZS springs on my 400 (is it 25mm for the 400/ZS too?), what attracts me to it is that those springs and dampers were proffessionally designed to go on that cars chassis.
Better than some random aftermarket job that makes it feel like your springs have been replaced with wood chocks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=mg+shocks&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D3&sadis=200&fpos=PR4+0RJ&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=

the above link hopefully will work... has few different sets of mg suspension incl. zs samuel!

yes, apparently these units are miles superior compared to similarly priced units such as gmax.

what i'm worried about is that my car has a massive gap under the arch ... it has 17" alloys with 40 profile tyres. the gap here on a zr isn't anywhere near as big as mine, so in theory these units should make the arch sit nicely above the tyre .... or is there something else that zr's have which may cause the gap under arch to be smaller?

thanks again, Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts