MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Does anyone happen to know if the MG ZS Grill on the front bumper will fit the rover 400?

Ive found most 45 stuff does, but whats your opinion on the ZS?

Thanks in advance
(The link is below to the item in question)

Sam
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUK%3A1&viewitem=&item=140114860276&rd=1

·
Registered
585 Posts
Plus the bumper is also a different shape (it's lower where the grille comes in contact with it) which then means you need to change the headlamps and if i'm not mistaken the front wings ( I think the indicator is a different shape).

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You'd have to change the bonnet slam panel too as that's different on the 45/ZS tio what it is on the 400's.

I 'may' do this conversion at some point! My wings are rusting and so is the bonnet! Also my front bumper is cracked! May get mk2 parts off fleabay (if i can find them cheap) and go from there!

Does anyone know if the slam panel is bolted in place or welded?

Just an idea at this stage!

Mark

·
Registered
585 Posts
You'd have to change the bonnet slam panel too as that's different on the 45/ZS tio what it is on the 400's.

I 'may' do this conversion at some point! My wings are rusting and so is the bonnet! Also my front bumper is cracked! May get mk2 parts off fleabay (if i can find them cheap) and go from there!

Does anyone know if the slam panel is bolted in place or welded?

Just an idea at this stage!

Mark
I pretty sure it's bolted Mark....

·
Registered
585 Posts
OOOOOHHHHH, thats tempting me even more for a rover 400/MK2 ZS conversion!

I could do most of the work myself then as i can't weld! I can solder though if that'd hold it! :twak2: :lol:
There are some front and rear bumpers on e-bay at the mo....and they may be your colour

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
There are some front and rear bumpers on e-bay at the mo....and they may be your colour
Skint at the mo but do you have a link to the page...yes i know i'm lazy!

My colour is charcoal.

May whip the front bumper off soon to have a look! You got me all curious now chris.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
it's not only about the bumper and body panels or lights, the bonnet catch mechanism is different too.

It's one of those mods that are not worth doing, if you don't like the 400's front then go buy a 45.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
it's not only about the bumper and body panels or lights, the bonnet catch mechanism is different too.

It's one of those mods that are not worth doing, if you don't like the 400's front then go buy a 45.
It keeps me busy doing things like this. Not only that but i have very cheap breakers nearby so parts would be cheap! Spent about £4000 on mods etc for my last car and id still have it now if it wasn't for having a driving ban making the insurance WAY too high. My ultimate would be to build my own car from scratch but not got the cash for a full on kit car (or the space to put one!). So my 400 is my hobby and project. Beats staying in the house being nagged by the missus!

May look into this conversion later in the year picking up cheap parts between now and then.

Markus

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I see what you mean. I like moding my car too, make it look different even when I have better things to do with my time. it can become addictive.

If I were you I'd keep the 400 front and improve it instead of going 45/ZS type of grille but it's your car, good luck :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts