MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to change my backbox for something a few db louder and stainless also if poss. Any suggestions or recommendations.

·
Registered
mg_zs
462 Posts
I fitted a s/s peco back box to mine, which was easy to fit and there are loads of tail pipes to chose from. ive now added the intermediate pipe. so for the cat back system it only cost £300 approx (£180 approx b/box). and sounds awsome and feels loads better when you put your foot down. :bigeyes:

000_0222.jpg

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Janspeed X power backbox.
Proper OEM part my mucker, and £170. Not too loud, just adds a nice deep burble.
in 6x4 Oval or Twin 2.5", perfect fit ensured.
Click here

·
Registered
mg_zs
462 Posts
Try peco if you want something different. Janspeed excellent, but everyones got one. or try powerflow they will make you one to spec.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Janspeed X power backbox.
Proper OEM part my mucker, and £170. Not too loud, just adds a nice deep burble.
in 6x4 Oval or Twin 2.5", perfect fit ensured.
Click here
Does that come with the X-Power logo on it? I have seen the ones with the logo and they look very smart. I will be saving my pennies up for one. Was thinking about getting a cheapy Sportex one for £120 fitted but I like the idea of staying x-power and OEM.

Also some of the expensive exhausts say they increase performance which is a no no for my insurance as it is counted as a performance increasing mod which I am sure they will disect me for. Is the x-power one counted as performance improvement?

·
Registered
mg_zs
462 Posts
I dont pay any extra for the exhaust on my insurance with adrian flux, i can do loads on my car and it doesnt cost me any extra. and my insurance is under £500 fully comp with all mods on.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That janspeed twin pipe exhaust would be a nice replacment for the standard twin i got on my 160 atm. Will deffo be getting one of them when the one I got now needs replacing. Bookmarked that site :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
ive got a supersprint oval exit exhaust on mine sounds sweet with the bmc cda installed cost me 15 pounds off a joy boy rover tht had totaled at the scrapyard :)

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Ive got a Blueflame performance back box on my zr and its awsome i had it on a rolling road before and after and i got 6bhp from it which isnt bad for £160! its a twin pipe box and doesnt sound like a jet engine landing in the street when your driving it! got a nice purrrr i would highly recommend!
If i was you i wouldnt just go with the name, go for what you like the look of and find the same car with the same exhaust so you know what it sounds and looks like!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ive got a Blueflame performance back box on my zr and its awsome i had it on a rolling road before and after and i got 6bhp from it which isnt bad for £160! its a twin pipe box and doesnt sound like a jet engine landing in the street when your driving it! got a nice purrrr i would highly recommend!
If i was you i wouldnt just go with the name, go for what you like the look of and find the same car with the same exhaust so you know what it sounds and looks like!
I'm with Dan - Blue Flame rock :D

I have a full stainless system on mine. They'll over you the choice of loads of tail pipes and advise you on the right back box for your wishes. If im not mistaken, they also fit the heat surrounds if you need them doing, to stop your bumper melting.

Give them a ring, it wont hurt and if you want to go with them give me a shout and i'll see what I can do for you, i know a few of the exhust fitters there, might be able to arrange some discount for ya if you take it in for fitting! Cant promise anything though.

Have fun choosing!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Powerflow are a good option
MrTyre in Boston are my local franchise and they've quoted me £100-£130 for a back box (depends on which tailpipe)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts