MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dave
Since fitting the new rotor arm and cleaning the old distributor cap up, my car still misfired a bit but also when i came to a junction and depressed the clutch the idle speed went up to almost 2000revs, could the distributor cap cause this or is it some other problem, i am starting to lose patience with it now..>=(

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
MGF Misfire

Any ignition system fault causing a misfire has the potential to make the idle speed very erratic and uneven.

How old are the spark plugs, Nick?

The only component left is the distributor cap....

Don't loose patience with it Nick.....Just think of those long summer evenings with the hood down! =P

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed the spark plugs in May when i bought the car so it must be the distributor cap, i will bludgeon my dealer tomorrow to see if they have used their initiative and ordered some, when they realised 2 days ago they had none...

I am sure i must be able to get a Lucas dizzy cap somwhere in Swindon its a big place...

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Misfire!

Yep, you are better to get this sorted sooner rather than later Nick - possible damage to the catalyst will result if the misfire is allowed to carry on.

GDC 384 is what you are after.....>=(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Firstly thnks for all your help..
Today i fitted the aftermarket distributor cap i had and the car fired up first time.
so far all seems well, i will know tomorrow whether it has made any difference when the car is cold and has been stood all day at
work....:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IT WORKS, i had no misfires nothing and it has been sttod in the damp all day, i will take it for a burn tomorrow, a nice long run to see if i get any issues..

Thanks a lot
Nick:D :D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.