MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided it's time to let you see mine - it's not got anything fancy done to it, and it needs a bit of a clean as it had done about 800 miles on holiday when I took this. But I love it. :bgrin:

Hope this works..........

Ok..have changed the link - hopefully this one will work. Sorry - I'm kinda new to this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point Stiff. We were wandering back with coffee in our hands, and it went back down before we set off again.

Don't quite trust folks when the roof's down and I'm not close at hand.

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
Good point Stiff. We were wandering back with coffee in our hands, and it went back down before we set off again.

Don't quite trust folks when the roof's down and I'm not close at hand.
I'm the same. For the sake of flipping it up/down, you can't be too careful!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Looks good SuperWillow. I must admit that in all my years of owning MGBs and Fs I have never had any trouble parking them with the hood down. (Touch Wood)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Looks good SuperWillow. I must admit that in all my years of owning MGBs and Fs I have never had any trouble parking them with the hood down. (Touch Wood)
I agree with David, parked with the hood down isn't usually a problem, you just need to make sure there is nothing on display that can get stolen, and only then do it in area that you know to be fairly safe. If you lock the car your alarm probably has a microwave sensor in it which will trigger if anyone puts their arm in the car which adds to the security in these situations.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I've heard of owners having their seats burned by people dropping lit cigarettes into the car. It's not worth the hassle - put the hood up if you leave it.

Where abouts in Scotland do you live Superwillow?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stafain I'm in Cumbernauld. And you?

Oh, and I agree about the cigarette end thingie. It's not that there's anything there for anyone to pinch, more that I don't like the thought of people being able to damage the inside. I do leave it outside the house with the hood down, but wouldn't even go as far as Tesco's and leave it down, I'm afraid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts