MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The TF was (literally) doing my head in on a long motorway run with the top up. A resonating drone was coming from the exhaust at normal MWay speeds. I can't live with that, so I had a close up look at the exhaust and it seems I've bought a car with a Milltek exhaust fitted.
Everyone on here seems to rave about them, but that one is coming off....

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
NeilR said:
The TF was (literally) doing my head in on a long motorway run with the top up. A resonating drone was coming from the exhaust at normal MWay speeds. I can't live with that, so I had a close up look at the exhaust and it seems I've bought a car with a Milltek exhaust fitted.
Am Sure lots of people on here will be happy to swap you a standard exhaust for your Miltek!!:dddc:

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I love my Miltek,are you sure you bought the right car? ha ha,my mate greyfox has a good standard TF exhaust if you want to swop ,even though he's jusy got an SP Miltek Dave

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've got a standard box in the garage which I've just had taken off [replaced the standard with an Xpower exhaust].
The standard box has only been on an 04 car from new which had only done 10,000 miles. PM and make me an offer.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
NeilR said:
........here you go mate problem solved.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Neil, I know just what you mean.

Miltek is fine for a sunny Sunday afternoon poddle around the lanes or a cruise to the B&Q car park.

I listened to Miltek, followed Miltek, drove in front of Miltek ... and knew I couldn't live with that appalling noise all the way to the Pyrennees aor down to Monaco for a weekend or any other trip of 500 miles or more in a day.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sprinter said:
Neil, I know just what you mean.

Miltek is fine for a sunny Sunday afternoon poddle around the lanes or a cruise to the B&Q car park.
Thank goodness for that - I was beginning to think that it was just me!

To all those who have made offers - it's not that simple yet. The car has been suffering from an intermittent judder and has been back to the dealer under warranty. He still hasn't solved it, so it's going back again Monday at which time I will point out that it is a non-standard exhaust. Maybe it is related, maybe not.
http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=127651

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Neil, maybe you can get the garage to replace the Miltek with a standard unit, or better still an XPOWER. Of course your argument about the Miltek being non standard gets wiped out if you ask for an XPOWER.

XPOWER is most acceptable - deeper note than standard, socially acceptable to the neighbours at 2.00 am and sounds great when you go through tunnels or over mountain climbs like the Aspin, Peyrestroud, Soulor or Tourmalet and even makes the Millau bridge sound good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts