MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phoned up B&G today to enquire about the exhaust as it wasn't on the site.

Exhaust : £185.00+VAT
Tailpipes : £39.45+VAT x 2

CAT Nuts : £14.00+VAT

Delivery : £9.95 (YES, that doesn't escape VAT either! :lol: )

So to my calculations...

£338

Only thing I forgot to ask, I suppose someone will now, or a silly question, how are the 'tailpipes' attached? Bolted on? or need to be welded on?

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep I remember you mentioning them before, hmm i'll look at the others before I go out and get the Milltek though it's looking good for the Milltek :D

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Andie B said:
On the sound scale, is that a 'meaty throaty' sound or a 'ferrari screaming' sound, Mark???!
Certainly not as loud as a Miltek!!...

I would say `Throaty`....... louder than standard, sounds awesome on `over-run` and gives you a big smile when you press the loud pedal (more so in tunnelsssssssssss :bgrin: ). However at M-way speeds its does not `Drone` and give you headaches!..

Adrian Clifford has the same system (after hearing mine)....... if you get chance to listen to his!.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Loaky said:
Only thing I forgot to ask, I suppose someone will now, or a silly question, how are the 'tailpipes' attached? Bolted on? or need to be welded on?
Thats where I got mine from over a year ago. Roughly about the same price.
The pipes just bolt on, really quite simple, designed so that the bumper doesnt need to be removed for the quads, you just slide them through from the outside and they clamp onto the silencer, easy as!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Loaky said:
Yep I remember you mentioning them before, hmm i'll look at the others before I go out and get the Milltek though it's looking good for the Milltek :D
Sound like you have the same dilema as me. I'm after a new exhaust, needs to loud. Milltek or Daytona? Even though I have not heard Sharky's exhaust its a shame they are not avaliable to buy. Let us know how you get on, as I'm not sure were to go to buy and get one fitted. Also the car is due for a service in June, would be easier to get both done at the same time.

Matt

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Thanks Loaky for the info,youre a gentleman sir.:URGOD:

£338 sounds about right money wise including the cat nuts (oh dear).

I think the tailpipe finishers just either clamp on or bolt on,but dont know for sure.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
IanS said:
Thats where I got mine from over a year ago. Roughly about the same price.
The pipes just bolt on, really quite simple, designed so that the bumper doesnt need to be removed for the quads, you just slide them through from the outside and they clamp onto the silencer, easy as!
Ian do you know if you need to cut any of the plastic out on the bumper insert for the quads or not?

A

·
0 Posts
mgr said:
Even though I have not heard Sharky's exhaust its a shame they are not avaliable to buy.

Matt
It sure is...Sharky's exhaust is absolutely awesome.....amazing sound.......:drool:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Spike-UK said:
Ian do you know if you need to cut any of the plastic out on the bumper insert for the quads or not?
On mine I didnt have to cut any of the bumper, as the newer quad design branches into a single pipe before the bumper, i.e. quad finishers on the original SP design, apparently it gives better flow than the older full quad option (if that makes any sense! lol!)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
exhaust sounds great!! does anyone know if the exhaust from Mike Satur sounds anything like that.

do you have to change both the CAT and silencer to get the noise?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
dont get me started.....janspeed xpower from MS sounds great. Loving it to bits although my economy is shot to pieces as I rag it everywhere even harder than before now....had it on about 6 weeks now and it just keeps getting better......just booked mine in to have the summer tires and Xpower lowering springs put on next tuesday....gonna be a janspeed burbling, lowridin mofo by this time next week....and yes, pics will follow!!!:devil2: :devil2:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts