MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,116 Posts
I seem to remember that you have an early F, if this is the case reading the code will not be as easy as later cars.

When you say the car doesn’t start what happens, does it try to start and the MIL comes on or does it just not turn over?

At a complete guess it could be the crankshaft position sensor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seem to remember that you have an early F, if this is the case reading the code will not be as easy as later cars.

When you say the car doesn’t start what happens, does it try to start and the MIL comes on or does it just not turn over?

At a complete guess it could be the crankshaft position sensor.
Hi and thanks for the reply. This fault is not on my car, its a problem with one that I looked at online that is for sale. So I just put the question out there to possibly get some clues. The vendor says that its to do with the immobiliser so I'm not sure if I should bother with it. Once again thanks for the reply. Regards.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi and thanks for the reply. This fault is not on my car, its a problem with one that I looked at online that is for sale. So I just put the question out there to possibly get some clues. The vendor says that its to do with the immobiliser so I'm not sure if I should bother with it. Once again thanks for the reply. Regards.
Forgot to say its a 1998 F.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,116 Posts
Although the immobiliser of course would stop the car from starting I doubt that it would bring the MIL on, I would check that the battery voltage is good. You could do with someone with a Pscan to interrogate the ECU.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Although the immobiliser of course would stop the car from starting I doubt that it would bring the MIL on, I would check that the battery voltage is good. You could do with someone with a Pscan to interrogate the ECU.
Okay thanks, always welcome you input! Regards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts