MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently the car has standard 17" straights, 2054517.
Is this the only 17" wheels it will take? Don't want to go up to the 2153518 that I have been told will fit, but the wheels I want only come in 2054017. Will these fit? If so will the change effect handling?

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Yes they will fit.

But those are tyre sizes and not wheel sizes. You can get 205/45 tyres put onto the rims you are looking at.

What rims are they and from who?

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,274 Posts
215/40/17 will fit but if you fit 205/40/17 the outside wheel diameter is reduced so the speedo will read high and due to the thinner tyre there is a greater risk of wheel damage. I would negotiate to have the tyre that should be fitted. Don't forget that the 180 should have "extra load" tyres to the load rating of 87. This means stiffer sidewals which improves the handling

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please dont get lexarse lights...and if your going down the modified route dont forget a nice exhaust
Will replace exhaust with a better one, may even go for twin as these looks good, and get sports cat.
I do not like the rear lights, if not lexus any one suggest another style? Cant find any others anywhere, I saw a beamer with smart LED lights the other week but guess options for ZS are limited.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts