MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new window for my MGTF soft top. Looked at BAS International in Wales. Can anyone recommend them or give me any helpful advice. Many thanks - Jim

·
Registered
1995 MGF Mpi
692 Posts
I have never bought from BAS but they were an original soft top supplier to MG Rover.

·
Registered
mg_tf
269 Posts
Hello Jim,
I am aware that BAS turn out good work - situated not that far over the border/Severn Bridge. I think you could depend on a good job there.
Have you had a price from them, that you could share with the forum?
In better times, I had mine replaced by Jack Smith at Swansea who is typical one man band, back street trimmer. A good enough job, and very reasonable. It seems they have good reviews via. the MX5 club.
I am still confused as to why this forum chose to substitute a location with a national flag - resulting in not having a clue as to where in that nation the poster is actually located, so apologies if Swansea is hundreds of miles from you!
Kind regards,
Austin.

·
Premium Member
mgf
162 Posts
Have you considered replacing it with a glass window? I have changed my MGF and the MGTF with the glass replacement and have been very happy. They do not need the special care and attention demanded of the original spec plastic. As a bonus you can see through them without any distortion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts