MG-Rover.org Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Lol yeap, but more to the point... Did it work?????
It wasn't jamming before, but the Hood does seem easier to lower. The scissor action had worn a small hole in the Hood which I hope will not get worse, will fitting the Straps help?. Paid about £6.50 for them on an eBay auction during the Winter.

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
Ok smart arse sods,:lol: naturally I did think that for future search refferences, My deep incisive and insightful post would be a godsend to many hundreds of thousands of hood locked up F/tf owners.

or maybe just maybe, I didnt actually notice the thread start date. :rofl:

·
Registered
2 Posts
A late comment:

ukmgparts.com list the pair of elastic tensioning straps as part number DJE000010Z

widely recommended by others, no direct experience of them myself (yet)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I bought some not sure if oe....they failed within 12months and are hit and miss if they allow the hood to drop...hindsight easier and cheaper to just lift the bar.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I bought some not sure if oe....they failed within 12months and are hit and miss if they allow the hood to drop...hindsight easier and cheaper to just lift the bar.
Buy a elasticated work belt from Screw fix or Tool station about a fiver, that should do it.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Never bothered with trying elastic straps, its just as easy to just push the bar back when dropping the hood.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts