MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

move seen a few posts valour idling problems, but now quite mine. It seems that (typically when cold) say you are about to reserve or pull away very slowly with very little gas, the car will start moving then the revs will start to ‘surge’, then drop, then surge, then drop…. Only by 1k revs or so, but it’s very odd. It can be compensated by just giving it more gas. Anyone else out there seen this? Could it be the air inlet valve sticking, which sounds like a simple fix?

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Could it be a new LAMBDA is required?
My thoughts exactly, as I had the front one short out, but typically only intermittently. It took me over a year to sort out here- I bemoaned it on here. i even got Russell around with T4, but it couldnt find the culprit. Finally, it wouldnt tickover when hot - I found it when I got it home- jacked up, crawled under and could see the insulation/firescreen torn and wires melted.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Check all air feed and vacuum hoses for splits or damage, plus the inlet manifold gasket. Sometimes symptoms like these are caused by air leaks, which affect the combustion mixture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts