MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
MGTF 135
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was getting intermittent flashing from the LH sidelight and I needed to replace the headlamp anyway so, I took the front off and fitted the new unit. Horror of horrors the sidelight didn't work, so I took off the headlight again and checked the connector. The sidelight cable was just floating inside the connector, and I've done a repair, it may last years or weeks, who knows. I've got the technical check in a month so it has to work. Does anyone know where I can get a new/second-hand working connector with say 10cm of cable attached so if my repair fails at some point I can chop off the faulty one and solder on a new one? I have looked online but I can't find anything. This is the 6 pin connector that's rounded one side and squared the other side, plugs into the back of the headlight unit, and supplies all the power and earth for main, side, flasher, and sidelights..
I've got no chance of going to a scrapyard here in CZ, there are so few TF's here in the country.

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be very helpful, thanks

Keith

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,804 Posts
If the lockdown in the UK ends i'll attempt to remember this as I have a connector spare, its part of a kit to swap a MGF to TF headlight conversion but i'll split it for you or send everything if you like.

·
Registered
MGTF 135
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow,

That's amazing, thanks. Please let me know what you want for these including postage - it can be a bit pricey to send things here in CZ, but you don't need to send the metal bits of course. You can PM me at [email protected]
I don't have to have the two, but if you don't mind getting rid of them I'll take both.

Regards

Keith

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,804 Posts
Ok Keith, once this lockdown in all over i'll check the postage to CZ and let you know. ;)

·
Registered
mg_tf
139 Posts
I was getting intermittent flashing from the LH sidelight and I needed to replace the headlamp anyway so, I took the front off and fitted the new unit. Horror of horrors the sidelight didn't work, so I took off the headlight again and checked the connector. The sidelight cable was just floating inside the connector, and I've done a repair, it may last years or weeks, who knows. I've got the technical check in a month so it has to work. Does anyone know where I can get a new/second-hand working connector with say 10cm of cable attached so if my repair fails at some point I can chop off the faulty one and solder on a new one? I have looked online but I can't find anything. This is the 6 pin connector that's rounded one side and squared the other side, plugs into the back of the headlight unit, and supplies all the power and earth for main, side, flasher, and sidelights..
I've got no chance of going to a scrapyard here in CZ, there are so few TF's here in the country.

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be very helpful, thanks

Keith
Amazing I have just found the same fault but managed to crimp the broken wire in for now but also need a connector as this repair is only temporary I know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts