MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive recently bought a 4 year old mgtf with grey hood. When wet the hood looks fab but as it dries it is quite visably marked!. There are some mould marks in the corners and general dirty marks all over.Also there are white wear marks over the metal bars. I just wanted some advice on how to get it looking good again.It needs a bit of a re-vamp!!.

thanx emma

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Hi Emma.....I have an XPG TF too!!.....with a grey hood, I recently used Auto Glym kit from Halfrauds.....its about £20.....easy to use, cant get rid of all the marks though, but well worth doing......enjoy your car, love mine to bits

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
I've got a grey hood and i've got white watermaks where i've lowered the hood wet I presume, and everything i've tried hasn't shifted them. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Convertible Hood Cleaning

I have had mixed results using the Autoglym Cabrio products but much better ones using Ragg topp Cleaner and Protector, much better cleaning results and water beading once sealed. The alternative is to get it cleaned professionally, one of my neighbours had his Audi A4 Convertible done by Professional Car Cleaning who are the valeting division of the ChipsAway Group, I think it cost him about £50 but it looks really good, really black with no stains .Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts