• No Way To Complicated!

Votes: 10 27.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
continued....

Unfortunatley this is as far as i can go today. Ive not got a set of dial faces ready to continue with the tutorial but am expecting to have them ready soon and to get it finished before the end of week.

P.S. Mods - As this is unfinished. I would be happy for you not to put this into the tutorial section just yet.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Jason.

·
Registered
mgf
95 Posts
Did the 2nd part of this get finished, I've search but can't find it.
Looking to get it included in the handbook

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
That's a good how-to as far as it goes.
For me I like the original MGR MG TF dials and think they are in keeping with the car where-as the SAIC/NAC dials are cheap tacky and chavish so would want to do the mod.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
i like the original dials and it looks like a lot of effort for me to change something that i am happy with.. so doubt i would even bother attempting this.... but in terms of the how to itself... extremely well put together, :broon:
Agreed, sports cars have white dials!

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
Still it might be useful for those with a SAIC TF to change to something more aesthetically pleasing and in keeping with the car. :dddc:

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Wish I'd read this before I went and broke both fuel and water temp needles!

Luckily it was on a spare cluster I bought from a breaker.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
i did this mod a while ago... the tip about the needle position is fantastic and would of saved me some serous grief!

the only point of contention i have is that tea spoons are better than knifes for removing the needles as you can rock with the spoons to pop the needles off :)

heres my clocks:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts