MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As stated. The gearbox shifts to "limp mode" (orange light top right of the instrument panel) when really hot i.e. after idling in the traffic jam for a few minutes. I'm living in a tropical country where the average daytime temperature is above 30*C. No problem on highways or when the outside temperature drops below 25*C. Engine bay cooling fan works a treat; I have trimmed the front license plate which restricted the airflow to the oil cooler and ordered a pair of "sucking" fans which I'm going to fit on the grille above the engine. I have read somewhere that adding scoops to the side side air intakes would contribute to improve cooling significantly. So all basic stuffs but apart from that what else more soundly mechanical could be done ? I also suspect that the gearbox ECU is getting too hot due to engine heat radiating all over the trunk and probably, the ECU doesn't like heat either. Would an ECU cooling fan contribute to solve the problem? Some pointers please

Tks

·
Registered
1995 MGF Mpi
685 Posts
Does your radiator fan work? The CVT's oil cooler is in front of the radiator, so worth checking that the rad's fan is working and that there isn't something restricting flow through the oil cooler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts