MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

A very pretty lady friend (;) :D) has a bit of a problem with the clutch on her MG and I fear that her local garage will try and slightly overcharge her for things she doesnt need...

The symptoms are basically a high biting point which has got gradually worse over the past few weeks/months, I had a look today and from what I can tell (with a bit of heel and toe) the clutch itself is biting ok and she reports of no slippage when cruising along, I did however notice that the clutch fluid is no longer that pleasent urine colour and is very dark indeed, so I reckon it must be something to do with that (its an 02 car btw) unless you guys have any other ideas?!

My other question is what is the best way to bleed the system if I was to do so? I have done this on an elise before (a while back now) and used an ezi-bleed kit which did the job as expected, but cannot remember if there are any distribution blocks etc that may need doing along the way, so basically a bit of advise on symptoms, cure and bleeding would be very much appreicated!

Cheers George :)

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,291 Posts
Not sure about bleeding the clutch but my first port of call would be the leaver that connects the slave cylinder and the clutch it self. The joint can become crusted up in dirt, I would give it a clean and lubrication and then see how it feels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts