MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I super agree with you, I have the AP calipers plus 304 discs. I tried EBC greenstuff and Brembo pads and there is a poor brake power, I don't want to imagine the stopping power with standard brakes...
I super agree with you, I have the AP calipers plus 304 discs. I tried EBC greenstuff and Brembo pads and there is a poor brake power, I don't want to imagine the stopping power with standard brakes...
Hi, We would love to hear your feedback about our products, fancy dropping us an Email to let us know your thoughts please? EBC Brakes

·
Registered
25 Posts
The main reason for poor brakes is caused by the servo flexing on the bulkhead. This is easily fixed by fitting a strengthening bracket, Mike Satur does one for all MGF/TF models which requires some drilling and MGmania does a simpler one for the later snorkel heater intake.

See demo on this link:

·
Registered
rover_25
255 Posts
Ive had EBC green stuff, red stuff and yellow stuff pads on all my mgrs, and they've been terrible, the bite from cold was poor and the bite when hot was poor, they didn't last on track, i tried mintex, the cold bite was ok but they were bad on track, i tried genuine rover pads, the cold bite was brilliant but they faded quickly, but you get all the shims and stuff which is nice, then i tried ferodo ds2500 they were the tits, but pricey, im currently using PBS pads with MTEC discs and the brakes are the best they have ever been, stay away from EBC pads and discs, they look nice but are poor compared to the competition.

also they dont list some of there pads for the rover cars so you have to search for other makes, for instance i wanted to try the red stuff pads for my zr 160, i had to search for honda ep3 for the rear pads and ek9 for the fronts, they are the same pads as the zr 160 but they dont list them for zr.

basically stay away from EBC, if you look at feedback on forums they will tell you the same thing.

before you change pads and discs, flush your brake fluid and change your lines for stainless, brake fluid should be changed every 2 years but no one ever does.

·
Registered
1995 MGF Mpi
837 Posts
I installed EBC Green Stuff on my wife's F a couple years ago and they have given a good improvement in braking feel over whatever pad was on the car when she bought it. I also installed new rotors at the same time, which is good practice. I had previously installed braided hoses, which gave a marked improvement in braking.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have EBC Greenstuff on my VX220, they have been ok, low dust, seem to lack initial bite. Will try Mintex next, mind you the EBC's have lasted 16yrs so far as doing less than 1K a year. I don't track and I'm not heavy on the brakes on the road.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts