MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed for a used MGTF on Monday, paying £500 deposit.
Of course everything went a bit wrong since then.
I'm supposed to collect it on Thursday.

What I want to know is where exactly do I stand now?
The two years manufacturers warranty is hardly going to mean anything if MG Rover don't exist by the end of the week.
Trying to sell my car in a few years time is going to be a nightmare.
I'm already thinking the £11,900 price tag on the car is several thousand pound over what it's worth because of the state of the company.

I really want the car, but at the same time I don't want to make a massive financial mistake with a car that will cost me a fortune to fix should it go wrong.
Can I get out of it?
What do you all think I should do?
What can I do?

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,322 Posts
You can get a warranty with the AA if you need one but I think its going to get sorted just a gut feeling.

IVAN

·
Registered
146 Posts
I understand your concern but dont panic, warranties are available from 150.00 to 300.00 from various outlets. this is a very good motor and in a few years it could be possible that it would be more sort after,i would sit tight as there is a lot of talking going on at the moment and if anything it is more likely that MG would be the surviving sector. also parts will available whatever.hope this helps just a little.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
The TF is a fine car and you will have no trouble selling it on in the future. In fact I was talking to somebody who works at a car supermarket this lunch time and he said they cant get enough MG's. Now parts are guaranteed to be available what ever happens. Most dealer would remain as service agents as they have all the kit to sort ECU problems and program alarm fobs and etc and as the dealers own the equipment not MG Rover there will be no problem in sorting most problems out.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
I wouldn't get worried. Irrspective of what does or does not happen at Longbridge, TFs will always be in demand... just look at the demand for Midgets, MGBs etc., decades after production ended :)

John

·
Registered
mg_tf
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.
Having read through most of the posts on this forum I'm feeling a lot better.
I just can't wait till Thursday to get my car! My first convertable! :)

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
DOOJ said:
Thanks for the replies.
Having read through most of the posts on this forum I'm feeling a lot better.
I just can't wait till Thursday to get my car! My first convertable! :)

Hi M8,

The warranty is with the selling dealer after the 1st year manufacturers warranty, and is insurance backed anyway so don't worry!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I traded in a BMW for a ZT 2 months ago. I don't regret it one bit - always wanted a ZT or 75, and now I'm so glad I took the chance before it may disappear for ever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts