MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning! Me again looking for anybody who has experience of fitting the above items to their MGTF!
The 10 piece aluminium kit looks amazing but just wondering how easy it is to fit the different items and whether glue is involved, which means theres no going back! Also, how easy is it to fit the 7 piece grill set for the boot, bonnet, side vents and around the rear exhaust.
Pics look great but not sure about the practicalities of a perfect fit.
Many thanks, Mick

·
Registered
rover_75
287 Posts
Good morning! Me again looking for anybody who has experience of fitting the above items to their MGTF!
The 10 piece aluminium kit looks amazing but just wondering how easy it is to fit the different items and whether glue is involved, which means theres no going back! Also, how easy is it to fit the 7 piece grill set for the boot, bonnet, side vents and around the rear exhaust.
Pics look great but not sure about the practicalities of a perfect fit.
Many thanks, Mick
Have you got a link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you got a link

Have you got a link

Thanks Nigel, let me know your thoughts!
Cheers, Mick

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Makes a big positive difference - these particular items. However, a number of other items that I have bought over the years have been discarded as makes the MGF too blingy.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
I have fitted a ss kit to my tf. The side vents I used a hot glue gun. The front and back had plastic lugs attached to the bumpers. The front is easy to remove but the rear bumper is tricky as the crash cans hidden under the bumper have a thin bracket. When you try to remove the bolt it can be rusted in place so tears the bracket off the crash can.
Lots of spray release. I also retapped the top of the bolt, removing some of the rust. I then took my time ( an hour each one) to gently hold the bracket with gripsfrom inside the bumper and then tiny amount at a time undid the bolts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have fitted a ss kit to my tf. The side vents I used a hot glue gun. The front and back had plastic lugs attached to the bumpers. The front is easy to remove but the rear bumper is tricky as the crash cans hidden under the bumper have a thin bracket. When you try to remove the bolt it can be rusted in place so tears the bracket off the crash can.
Lots of spray release. I also retapped the top of the bolt, removing some of the rust. I then took my time ( an hour each one) to gently hold the bracket with gripsfrom inside the bumper and then tiny amount at a time undid the bolts.
Thanks batoutofhull, thats extremely helpful, but its made me realise there's quite a bit of "technical knowhow" involved, which I don't have, so I will give this one a miss! Still thinking about the aluminium kit for the interior, but hesitant about using superglue, as suggested by the supplier, because once used there is no going back and I think could easily damage the now perfect interior coverings.
Need to speak to a fellow member who has fitted this kit
Thanks again, Mick

·
Registered
rover_75
287 Posts

Thanks Nigel, let me know your thoughts!
Cheers, Mick
TF one looks good,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts