MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ive just recently bought mgtf 2004 & car died suddenly & to my horror found the wiring loom had somehow rapped itself round drive shaft, shredded all cables & pulled out multiple items, one of which I have no idea what it is, where it goes & if it’s complete !
I’ve bought 2nd hand loom & now in process of trying to piece it all together!!!!
Any info would be appreciated 👍
Hand Automotive tire Blue Gesture Wood
Automotive tire Auto part Automotive wheel system Gas Rim

·
Registered
MGF's x 5 MGTF's x 6, Rover 620Ti & Cortina Mk3
1,988 Posts
As mentioned above, looks like speed transducer. I had similar happen a few years back when I changed the metal coolant pipes around the engine. The wiring loom is cable tied to the coolant pipes and I forgot to reattach the cable ties which then allows the wiring loom to drop into the driveshaft (picture). Once you refit the loom to all the correct connectors remember to cable tie it up to the coolant pipes or you'll be changing it again.

Check this thread for changing the speed transducer How-to: Changing a Speedo Transducer - MGTF

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bumper Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As mentioned above, looks like speed transducer. I had similar happen a few years back when I changed the metal coolant pipes around the engine. The wiring loom is cable tied to the coolant pipes and I forgot to reattach the cable ties which then allows the wiring loom to drop into the driveshaft (picture). Once you refit the loom to all the correct connectors remember to cable tie it up to the coolant pipes or you'll be changing it again.

Check this thread for changing the speed transducer How-to: Changing a Speedo Transducer - MGTF

View attachment 137201
Great advice, Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts