MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my local MGR parts store today for a new coolant expansion cap.

On my way out I had alook at the MGR showrooom to see what was there.

NOTHING± An empty shell with some bits of paper on the floor!!! I was only there the other week.

I hope this is not an omen!!!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Unfortunately, until the deal is signed AND RD/X60 eventually appears I think we'll see this a few more times. How can you support so many dealers selling 120,000 cars a year? Hopefully when the deal is signed on the 20th April (fingers crossed) and the 25 and K series is being made at a bigger profit, albeit in China, then things will be back on the up.

Anthony.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
anthony said:
and the 25 and K series is being made at a bigger profit, albeit in China, then things will be back on the up.
Sadly I doubt MG-R will receive anything more than a meagre profit return on these as they will not be using the 'K' Series on any British made Rovers. Insted they will be using the revised version as new emmissions rules will barr them from using it on EU soil.

The 25 however may be a different story and as you said, a lot of things will start to pick up if and when the R-60 is released...

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aberdeen dealer of Reg Vardy. Can't believe there was no warning though. I may be jumping the gun and they may have moved elsewhere, but i don't see why as they are bang in the middle of the city's second biggest motor "mile"

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
MGROVERnut said:
So another dealer closes. Need new metal now!
Erm...we don't know that to be fact, perhaps they are moving or even decorating.

Any dealer to abandon MGR at the moment are fools as the not too distant future is full of surprises and potential !

·
Registered
other_rover
8,737 Posts
*DLN* said:
Erm...we don't know that to be fact, perhaps they are moving or even decorating.

Any dealer to abandon MGR at the moment are fools as the not too distant future is full of surprises and potential !
True, but my local dealer in Leamington has just closed. Hardly inspires confidence! Must admit, it's starting to make me long for a badged up Ssangyong Rexton.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Was there last Friday, and as far as I could see you go into the Nissan showroom for MGR sales. No way was I going in there, I could be seen coming out!!!!

I go North to Gillanders in Peterhead anyway.....

CAM

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
Yet another dealer jumps ship!

You can add another to list of disappearing MGR dealers.

Taggarts of Motherwell had Jag, MGR and Mazda dealerships on the same site.
The Jag one is still there, as is the Mazda one, but surprise surprise, the MGR one is now Hyundai.
Things must be bad when a dealer opts for Hyundai over MGR.

I suppose if the cars aren't selling you can't blame them. And if the various rumours have any basis in fact, then I expect many more will jump ship and clear out all their MGR stock before it becomes impossible to shift.

·
Registered
36,532 Posts
Major Ingram said:
20th April? What do you know, then? :err:
I tell you what, if MGR begin to arrange their press calendar by dates such as Adolf Hitler's birthday, the PR bloke at Shepherd Neame's Spitfire brewery can get his coat....

pat :D

G

·
Reg Vardy and Taggarts are still and will continue to be MG Rover sales outlets. I telephoned a contact at Rover customer services who agreed the situation is bad esp as a large dealer group has just terminated its contract with MGR (wouldn't say who)

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I popeed in today to the parts dept and the Rover dealership is under demolition (so not gettign decorated then :D ).

I had a word with the nguy and he said they are no longer selling rovers because the (quote) "Have not bothered their **** to bring out new models and no-one is interested in them anymore".

The servicing and part dept will remain. I think the space left from the MGR showroom will become an outside forecourt/car park.

Shame! Only one in this area to I think (within 60 miles anyway)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts