MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
got mgf w reg soft top
ive got a wind shrill whistling noise at 50-70 mph above the normal wind noise you get with a convertable
is this a common problem?
has any one else had this?

hope you can help

alistair from coventry

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had similar problem with my previous F.
Sussed out that the whistling noise was happening because:
Where the roof clamps down at the front, if you look there is a rubber edge on both sides (rubber edge that is attached to the edge of the front window on the corner). After a little bit of bending the offending side rubber around i found that when the roof was closed it made a better seal and stopped the whistling noise. If that makes sense??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wing shrill mgf

Thanks
ill have a look at this area you said

cheers again

Tonksy said:
I had similar problem with my previous F.
Sussed out that the whistling noise was happening because:
Where the roof clamps down at the front, if you look there is a rubber edge on both sides (rubber edge that is attached to the edge of the front window on the corner). After a little bit of bending the offending side rubber around i found that when the roof was closed it made a better seal and stopped the whistling noise. If that makes sense??

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had this prob with my old F, it's bloody annoying. Mine was where the catches had so much wear (roof goes up, roof goes down, a thousand million times!), the bit that catches underneath wasn't clicking right the way in unless I pushed the roof in HARD. This was just an issue with wear, but do check the roof clip mechanism to see if yours is the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts