MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have seen an MGF 1.8 vvc for sale at 4495, it has fsh, recent service 3000 miles ago included new belts and an upgraded head gasket, condition looks very nice, mileage is 47000, and its a 1999 on a V reg. For an extra £120 on accepted price he will leave on the stinger aerial and wind deflector, I offered £4100, and am awaiting a reply, do you think this is a fair offer?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Sounds a good deal, paid a similar amount myself last year for a 99 car with no history and high[ish] mileage.

Best money I think i've ever spent too. :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
To give a price idea... I sold my 99 V (MY2000) VVC with 90k miles on last month for £3600. It was immaculate condition and had only just been serviced and MOT'd

Hope you're happy with what you buy

Chris

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Sounds ok price Rickster... I paid a little more than you buying from a dealer for a 1998 with 48k miles on - 18 months ago.

I've seen prices of 3k-6k for VVC's...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What sort of tax do they have, and are they thirsty cars to drive, as I do approx 40 miles per day, of which 25 is motorway.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
189 Posts
Tax is £99 for six months.

I think they're pretty decent on fuel. I drive about 24 miles a day on 30mph roads and 60/70mph dual carriageways and I got 400+ miles out of £40 of fuel.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
They are fairly thirsty round town, if you drive them with a bit of vigour, not even boy racer, but they are sportscars after all... if you want fuel economy get a boring deisel... these cars are for fun... ;)

Still, pretty good on the motorway/once up to speed... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts