MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd fill you all in with the details from the viewing today!

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...category=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200718282802155
Met Emma, who was absolutley great...gave me the low down on what to look for etc.
Definatley knew that car wasnt 'the one'.....It hadn't been looked after, had some nasty scratches on the front bumper too which I thought should have been mentioned on the add.... it said VGC....I think not.
Interior was very worn and shabby.
You guys were right...it was an import!!!
Also had no receipts for head gasket or cam.
Overall was a bit gutted it wasn't the right one but will be keeping my eye out this weekend. Got bank monday to look holiday too!

Big thanks to Emma and you all for the advice! I think I know a fair bit more about these F's now. still learning tho!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do!
Searching the net frantically...my other half hasn't seen me for days...I've been on the computer the whole time!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
You're welcome Jo :) I'll keep an eye on Autotrader and various classifieds as well. Remember to have a look on the MGF Register forum as there is a classifieds section on there.

Don't forget that you have a choice of two, the 1.8i and the 1.8 VVC. The latter is a bit quicker, but to be honest my 1.8i keeps me satisfied and is there are loads of bits you can do to quicken it up.

Just to confirm, you're after a BRG with a cream leather interior?

·
Registered
226 Posts
They both look decent to me. Although admittedly its hard to tell from a pic. But just make sure the cambelt has been done. It will definately need doing if it hasnt. And it can be somewhat expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts